Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ears, psorisis, olive oil?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ears, psorisis, olive oil?

I suspect I have psorisis or ecsema (eczema) in my ears since I had it on my head but I really don't know what the problem is.  My ears started draining constantly and when I used a qtip big chunks of I assume earwax came out.  I began using alcohol.  This is when flakes started coming out.  The drainage would dry on my skin and when I tried to remove it, it would result in a sore. I wonder if the flakes are just dried out skin from the alcohol use.  I flushed my ear with vinegar too but the draining didn't stop.  My ears swell close at times, probably due to the irritation I impose upon them sticking just about anything in there to try to get them to stop draining! I just read about using olive oil now.  I'm afraid to use anything now because I think it's doing more damage than good.  Can't afford a doctor.  Has anyone else had this problem and used a remedy that worked?  Do you know what I can expect from using olive oil?  I even took some amoxicillan (from Mexico) it didn't work.  What makes the ears drain constantly and is it wax?  This is so frustrating!
May want to scroll dwn to 'Ear Problems'10/21. I have a post 10/22 that can give you some added info. At this point, olive
oil would maybe complicate problems. It would soothe but you
poss. have some type of ear infection. Amox. is used if you
have middle ear infection w/ earache & can also alter the out-
come of testing fluid for real problem. Is fluid out both ears
or just 1? If both, it's tranfer of bacteria from ear to ear
by swab or fingers? Or, if ears are full off/on & popping fluid
to drain, you need an ENT to evaluate. This problem can evolve
into more worse conditions. Could be eustachian tube dysfunction
So stop Rx/q-tips/call around for a clinic that will allow you
to pay by cash (often will discount fee). May also be allergies
w/o other typical symptoms. Finding the fluid source is the
key to this. Also, using Amox. affects whole body & can turn
on you to create lowered immune system & create a fungal
infection needing a 2nd rx for that.  Don't think any home
remedy can help w/ what you've discribed. Keep hands away from
ears in case it's a transferrable bacteria. Gd-luck.
Well, now the swollen ear is open and the other one is swollen and feels tight.  They both ache and my cheeks are abit swollen to the front of my ears. Hearing is like monotone.  I have been using alittle olive oil but doesn't seem to make a diff.  Hurts alittle when I chew.  If I had the fluid tested I assume it would tell me what the fluid was and where it was coming from...is that right?  Does anyone know where the fluid would possibly be coming from?  and why?  I'm trying to understand this.  I haven't had any injuries or allergies.  What causes the different scenarios?
I think you really need to see a Dr. I don't think you took the
time to read what I posted clearly. I said, at this time, oil
would possibly 'complicate' the problem. My guess is that you
have created an environment for bacteria to go crazy in both
ears. You may have pushed debrie from ear canal to the ear-
drum. Go to an ENT. This sounds like it's worse. Money may be
tight but you could compromise your hearing. You may have a skin
condition that's contagious. Yes, the ENT Dr. can determine where the fluid is coming from.
Thanks for your info but guess what.  After using Soldrin Otico an antibiotic ear drop from Mexico for just three days I'm on the way to recovery!!  No more pus, drainage, swelling, dermitis, and I can hear again.  The ENT said I needed ear tubes so I went to Mexico to see what an ENT would do there.  He had a camera he put in my ear and showed me pictures on a TV screen, it was wild! said I had dermitis and pretty serious inner ear infections both ears.  All for $20.00 US then sent me to the pharmacy across the street and I bought antibiotic eardrops for $5.00 US. I could never have afforded treatment in the US and would probably have gone deaf without treatment.  I'm seriously thinking of moving to Mexico as I get older.
wow, u must live close to mexico. My son has ear infection in both ears, and the dr did like a decibal test on him and it was a straight line, he is on amox. for 10 days , and then re evaluate and then a ent, if its not cleared up, he said they feel plugged up and he couldnt hear us caling him sitting in the same room.

nothing like waht uhave but my poor lil guy, i hope this all clears up.
I have read carefully the blog posts, and I believe that I can assist you in locating more information relating to the topic. Although there are many cures to skin disease and head Psoriasis, there is only one proven and very efficient remedy to reduce the disease to a negligible state for long periods of time and, hence, to reduce the overall suffering caused by it.
In a study published by the Dead Sea in Israel, it seems that the perception of visitors in the medical-tourism sector has been correct. At least, according to the study, it is now official. The Dead Sea has healing attributes that cause the disease to regress.  It is possible to sign up to the study at the following address:
Thank you again for the good work that you are doing – on behalf of all that are suffering.

http://www.dead-sea-health.org/eng/psoriasis_03.html?6#assay6