Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ears Ringing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ears Ringing

This has been going on for almost a month now. Let me explain.

Ok so I have a ringing in my ears, this is how I remember it starting.

I went out for a couple of drinks withs some friends, we did not go anywhere loud at all. When I came home I went to bed and suddenly noticed that I had ringing in my head / ears, I could not tell if it was coming from one or both ears.

The next day I was fine and I did not think anything of it as the ringing was gone. A couple of nights after that I noticed when I went to bed a had a ringing in my head / Ears again.

A couple of days later my right ear started to hurt, I went to the doctor who said I had a lot of wax in my right ear and that it would be a good idea to get itsyringed. I used olive oil for 4 or five days and then I had my right ear syringed.
Not much wax came out of my ear and the ringing did not get any better.

A day or so later my right ear started to hurt, I went back to the doctor who said I had an ear infection and he put me on Antibiotics for 5 days. 3 days into the antibiotics my other ear - left ear became very infected, so I went back to the doctor who told me my ear drum was red and it looked like I had fluid behind my ear drum. He said to keep taking the Antibiotics and it would get better and the ringing should go.

1 week later the pain from both ears has gone, I do however feel like something could still be in my left ear, but that could just be me. I have no loss of hearing but I still have the ringing sound, very high pitched. It sounds like it's coming from somewhere in the back of my head. If I move my jaw forward and clench themussels it brings on the sound 5x until I un-clench then it just goes back to the normal ringing.
I have an amount of clicking and popping in my ears (left mostly) when i open and close my jaw. / thought this was normal as I did not pick up on this right away.

Ive been getting dizzy when I stand up, I sometimes have a pain in the back of my neck like a headache or like someone has hit me around the head.

I've had ear infections in the passed, these have normally gone away in a couple of days, I have never had ringing before.

I don't know whats wrong with me but this sound is really getting me down.

Hope you can help!