Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ears Spasms and Ear Growth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ears Spasms and Ear Growth

I have a growths that are skin colored and hard on my left outer ear. They almost look like cauliflower ear, however, I have suffered know internal or external trauma to the ear. During their growth I've experience frequent ear spasms. The whole ear even shakes at times. Yet there is no pain.

I'm wonder what the cause of this could be. I do know that I have sever sinusitus, which was exacerbated by allergies, and this has resulted in a large cycst growing in my nasal canal. I have been unable to remove it, since no allergy medicine or steroid seems to do the job. I think I need a laser procedure, but, unfortunately, this is costly, and I do not have health insurance.

Could these two problems be interrelated? Is the ear trouble likely just a symptom of the nose problem? How severe of a condition do you imagine this is?

Thanks for your help.

Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? How long have you been experiencing the ear and nose symptoms?  What other symptoms are present? This could be due to infection, warts, seborrheic keratosis, and other skin issues that warrants further evaluation. A referral to an ENT or dermatologist may help determine the underlying cause and to determine if the symptoms are associated. Direct clinical examination and complete neurological examination are important. Take care and do keep us posted.