Elderly Vertigo ~ BPPV?
I have a question for my father.  He is 74 years old and has been diagnosed by his Dr. for having Vertigo.  He doesn't suffer from dizzyness, just imbalance.  He's getting concerned about his instability and walking.  He went to a neurologist and was cleared and then was referred to a ENT Dr.  The ENT Dr. told him his instability was due to his ear that he had lost hearing in from a virus back in 1985.  He's confused as to why this would start now after all these years.  I was reading and was wondering if he had "ear rocks" and if the BPPV exercises would help.  They've put him on a prescription strength of Dramamine and sent him to therapy to re-train his brain, but nothing has worked.   Could he have BPPV or would those exercises work?  Does anyone have any suggestions that I could give him.  I can see that he's getting concerned that his independence is being slowly taken away from.  He had his first fall last Saturday and thankfully just got a bunch of scrapes.

Thank you to anyone who can offer any suggestions.
BPPV could be it...because they say it can happen to older people. its very common in older people. so maybe you could ask your doctor about that and try the exercises. I feel off balance and weird for months now...after i had some fluid in my ear....however i am a major worrier...so i cant tell if its from something like bppv or just anxiety...i no how scary it is...so i hope he gets better soon!