Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Enlarged tonsils, sleeping problems, fatigue, and clogged ears

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

During the last 2-3 visits to the dentist, the doctor has commented on my enlarged/red tonsils, but was never worried about them. I am going to see my physician, but I am wondering if it could be causing sleeping problems. I fall asleep easily but wake up 5-10 times during the night. In addition, I am tired during the day even though I exercise and eat well. Also, my ears feel like they are clogged, and I've been in a daze for a while now (some symptoms of depersonalization). Any ideas?
It's possible that if your tonsils are swollen that it's causing a sort of sleep apnea...meaning you aren't getting enough air at night.
You could try raising the head of your bed or sleeping on more pillows...but unless the tonsils are dealt with, it probably won't work too well for too long.