Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

Hello,
I started about 2 weeks ago with mild seasonal allergies from the pollen. Then my ears started clogging and popping driving me insane. I take Claritin daily and use Saline Spray. Sometime it helps a little bit. I went to see an ENT yesterday and he gave me oral steroids, Veramyst and Z-pak. He said it looks like I have a sinus infection. I am congested in the nose but no discolored mucous.
I had this problem several years ago and tried everything, even allergy shots for a mild mold and grass allergy. Nothing helped until after a year of clogged ears I git a bloody nose with ear infection. The hospital gave me a strong antibiotic and within 2 days my ears clogged up and didn't bother me again till now.
I don't completly understand this condition. There is no fluid in my ears just air causing the horrible deaf plugged feeling. I assume my eustachion tube is swollen or keeps getting filled with junk from my nose. I just want it to get better.
I ordered something from Israel that just arrived today called the Eardoc. I tried it when I got home and it did make my ear pop for a little while, now it is clogged again. It is like a little hand held massager you put behind the ear and it helps open the tube.
I am thinking of trying accupunture if I do not get better soon. This is enough to drive u nuts.