Eustachian tube dysfunction - what are the symptoms?
Is it dizziness? I usually almost always feel like i'm on a boat... it's not a dizziness, but rather balance type just like i'm on a boat... my head always feels like it is full type feels weird... ears plugged usually too... my head almost feels like it is full of mud or something not unable to concentrate or anything but just feels awkward...
Thank you. Best Regards, Megan.
Thanks for the info on your post. I moved to SW Florida a year ago and in the last 3 months started having dizziness, foggy head and anxiety. I had never had this before.
My Dr said i have fluid in the ear also, which is not draining. Nothing has worked as of yet..... nasal steroids, pseudophedrine, guaifenesin, maneuvers, nasal washes.

It has gotten so bad over the 3 months that I can't drive, work, walk down the street. Basically I have no life. Even going to the store is hard as I worry I will pass out. Thank goodness for my wonderful, patient fiance and his support! I don't know how he puts up with me :)

My landlord thinks mold might be the cause but I don't have any respiratory problems and my sinuses are not stuffed. We did find some black mold but not much and it was cleaned up.
I will try the B12 and see if that helps. I will also try the sinus rinse again as I only did it a few times and was worried it would put more fluid in my ears. But right now I'll try anything. I've read a lot of people have success with this.
And there is always moving out of lovely FL, but that is such a big, scary (espensive!) decision, especially if it doesn't help. But if i knew for a fact it would, I'd start packing!
Not sure what to do....my 6 year old daughter had an ear infection a year ago..we cleared it up with antibiotics, went back to the doctor for a second check and he claimed it all cleared up. So I was ok. Then she started saying it felt like in one ear it "wasnt popped..like on a plane mommy" so now Im a little worried. I take her back to the doctor for a second look and he claims there is no sign of infection or fluid. She complains 2 days later saying it bothers her cause she feels like "its under water" so i call the docotr again and he says to bring her in again. I did. No sign of fluid or infection. He says to bring her to an ENT for further evaluation. I did. I wasnt happy with him was very quick and to the point but not great bed side manner. They did a hearing test and checked again for fluid. Hearing test perfect and no fluid or infection. My daughter complained again a few days later. So, I found someone else for a second opinion. I loved him and he said the same but recommended an allergy test to see if maybe allergies may be causing an alteration in her eustacian tubes. Im so tired of getting a run around and just want an answer. Allgery tests to be done after the new year but he didnt sound hopeful that this may be what she is complaining of. He said some children have a bent eustacian tube and it takes time to develop and thats what causes the discomfort. some children are more vocal than others. So....now what??? My daughter has to live with discomfort and feeling like shes under water till what??? or when???? please anyone who has an idea of whats going on through similiar situations....help. :( im a mom who is desperate. thanks.
  I feel the same way as some of you have described in your posts...with some ear pressure and popping, especially in one ear...and I’ve had the feeling that I’m “dreaming” (foggy feeling) for about 11 days now.

I have a Dr. appt. on Thursday...I’m hoping they’ll be able to let me know something as I’m still not 100% sure it’s an ear related issue.  

This is really starting to take a toll on my life.  If anyone has found a way to get rid of these symptoms I would immensely appreciate any insight.

Thank you very much!!

-Laura

Have you looked into getting your adrenal glands checked or your estrogen/progestrogen?  These can cause dizziness.  I hope you feel better soon.
Meniere Spectrum Disorder mimicking Eustachian Dysfunction – Life is just a Bowl of Krispies    Part 1
      I am currently checking out the literature to help define the common and distressing Meniere Spectrum Disorder (MSD), which is how I find myself on this site. The above 85 posts contain such a valuable and comprehensive delineation of MSD, that I can use them to describe its symptoms:
Earfullness.  This is the key symptom of MSD, posted as:  ear pressure; fullness; plugged; clogged; stuffiness; stoppage; exploding, in that order.   Although people struggle to describe this characteristic symptom, there is a remarkable agreement with the choice of words as recorded in Ireland two centuries ago by Sir William Wilde’s shorthand writer (Aural Surgery 1853):  pressure; bursting; stuffing; fullness; stopped up, in that order.  
Dizziness.  Dizzy spells; dizziness/spinning on bending head; spinning out of control; pressure-related dizziness on one side; slight dizziness but vertigo when lying down; faint; passing out.  Off balance; on/after trampoline/elevator/boat; tilt; tip; dip; lift; floor drops; lean on one side; unsteady; imbalance but no spinning; disorientation; rocking-type imbalance; floating; drunk.  Nausea; upset stomach; stomach queasiness.  Vertical heterophoria.
Tinnitus.  Ringing in ear.  Most people with tinnitus will have been claimed by otologists or be on tinnitus websites.  Not to be confused with subjective tinnitus are Eustachian noises:  pop; crackle; swish; crunch; snap; click.
Deafness.  Losing hearing; unable to hear certain sounds, phones ringing; muffled, reduced hearing.  Hard of hearing patients are particularly likely to end up in ENT departments.
Audiosensitivity.  Sometimes can’t tolerate even speaking or loud noises.  Loud talk makes ears feel as if exploding;  dizziness spurred on by loud noise.  There are many websites for persons with various forms of noise sensitivity, so on this site this is not reported as often as expected.
Psychological/psychiatric consequences.  Unable to concentrate; head full of mud; driving me insane; weird; extremely fatigued; thought I was crazy; anxiety attacks, nonstop anxiety; depressed; in a daze; brain fog; sleep impaired;  dying of something undiagnosed; arms and legs feel unattached; panic attacks; spaciness, feel outside of body; like dreaming; so scared.
     MSD provides a simple, unitary explanation for the myriad sympoms so graphically described in the postings, and resolves the problem with nomenclature.  If accepted, a vast amount of money will be saved on inconclusive medical investigations. The reason this syndrome has been missed is that there are many misleading myths and false assumptions, held even by ear specialists, so it is hardly surprising to see the confusion about Meniere’s disease so neatly expressed above. Myths and unhelpful beliefs include;
A blocked ear means a blocked Eustachian tube.  The main reasons for challenging this very common assumption are; most people complaining of blocked ear are found to have normal middle ear pressures, indicating normal tubal function; inflating the ear does not remove the fullness; sensation of blockage is especially pronounced if the tube is never shut (patulous).
Otologists have strict and precise criteria for diagnosis of Meniere’s Disease, ie a categorical condition, allowing no shades of disorder. This has the unfortunate result of encouraging diagnoses like imagination, psychosomatic, anxiety, and the time-honoured fallback, nothing wrong, for those who are quite ill but don’t have narrow Meniere’s Disease.
All tests are normal, therefore there is nothing wrong.  Nothing life-threatening perhaps, but it very short-sighted of doctors to think their understanding is so good that their tests are perfect.  The crucial feature of MSD is that it is a fluctuating condition, so that by the time the patient reaches the second tier of the referral system the condition may indeed have resolved.  
Meniere’s Disease is a long-term progressive disease.  Yes, since that follows from how it has been defined.  Meniere symptoms can fluctuate wildly and recover completely.  Hence one reason for the concept of MSD.
All are agreed that the physiological basis of Meniere’s is altered labyrinthine pressures.  Since the endolymphatic compartment is dilated (hydrops), it has been universally assumed that hydrops is initiated by high cochlear pressure.  I think the overwhelming evidence is that is triggered by low perilymph pressure.  Compelling reasons for this include: MSD/hydrops is definitely associated with low CSF pressure, and I cannot find any good evidence that it can be caused by intracranial hypertension;  it is associated with perilymph fistulas; it occurs in hangovers.  Meniere’s disease is often said to be due to water overload,  so it is particularly noteworthy that two persons above related it to dehydration, and that drinking lots of water helped.
The causes of MSD are anything that reduces perilymph pressure (or increases it but less than endolymph pressure), including: dehydration; excess fluid loss during head infections; weight loss; hyperventilation; intracranial hypotension; low blood pressure; orthostatic hypotension;  fluid leak from cochlea into middle ear; spinal fluid fistula.  
Having extracted people with MSD (see Part 1 above), it is now possible to give a clearer classification of E tube function. There are four possible states:
Lightly shut.  This is the normal condition.  The tube opens naturally and imperceptibly during natural functions like swallowing, yawning, talking, chewing, etc.  Middle ear pressure is found to be zero, ie the same both sides of the eardrum.
Completely shut.  This happens during colds or infections, when the tubal lining swells up and air does not pass along the tube or cannot be forced through it, hence people should not fly if they have colds. Air then gets absorbed from the middle ear, and low middle ear pressure is found.  Fluid can then collect in the middle ear, which might become infected.
Completely open.  Patulous E tubes cause intense distress, from hearing one’s own voice or breathing, audiosensitivity, and particularly from earfullness.
Half open. Here the tubes are often closed, but can easily spring open with a pop if moist or a crack if sticky or dried out. This I think applies to many on this site, as exemplified by these comments or observations: when swallowing, ears pop, crunch or click; echoes when I talk; boomy echo of own voice; echo in left ear; popping in ears when I lie down;  if I lie on my left side, my left ear is clear, and if I lie on my right the opposite happens. These last two observations are particularly pertinent as they indicate the tubes must be patent when standing up, and that relief is obtained from undue patency when lying down, allowing them to eventually close off.  Many persons reported symptoms related to changes in barometric pressure, which shouldn’t affect Tubal States 2 & 3. In State 1, external pressure changes should be easily compensated for, but this will be hard in this State 4.  
As I have found on other occasions, reviewing the literature leads to unexpected findings.  For example, I found that drugs do not cause musical hallucinations without there also being symptoms of MSD. Also, ears with MSD are very susceptible to a very wide range of drugs as part of their hypersensitive state (two people above reported being oversensitive to alcohol).  Here, I was intrigued by the complaints of snap, crackle and pop, so checked on Wikipedia how this phrase had been associated with cereals and elves.  In fact there had been a fourth elf, Pow, corresponding to an explosive sound.   On checking with Wilde, a folklore expert, he reports that ear disease in rural Ireland often occurred after people fell asleep in the open air.  This was known as being “taken by the fairies”. Wilde also noted that the tube can open with a report like a pistol shot. So it might not be coincidental that the noise of eating Krispies might be likened to noises of tubal dysfunction, and associated with elfish folk stories.  

I have had Eustachain tube dysfunction for about 5 years and it's a pain you feel dizzy alot, and your ears stop up with any change of pressure, mine change with a speed bump. You also feel like you are either rocking or spinning on my bad days. But, i have my bad days then good days, so yes those are the symptoms and it sounds like ETD (a stupid abriviation i came up with). I hope its something else for you...it's no fun.
For about, 2 months or so, I have been lighted headed, dizzy, have pressure in my head, and a ringing that is sooo annoying! On top of that my heart has been beating out of my chest and sometimes way faster than usual. I'm super tired all the time no matter how much sleep I get, I can sleep aaalll day and wake up for an hour and sleep another 12 hours. thats nuts.  I actually went to the hopsital for the chest pain an heart beat, which was 130! Its never been that high, it was crazy. But anyways they did all kinds of tests, and found nothing.  Went to my ENT dr a couple days after that, and he also found nothing. Kinda scary, the throat thing is what scares me the most. This is super wierd, I told me dr about it and he thought i was crazy. But I honestly get relief on my throat when I..uuhh and i dont know how i figured this out lol, but when I like pull my chest down, like away from my throat. Just like lay my hand flat and full down. Very very wierd, but it makes my throat stop feeling wierd. Who knows!!!
Hi hope you could still read it here. How are you now after for how many years since last time yu posted here. I too have the same symptoms its over two months i feel dizzy everyday like im in a boat. If i yawning a lot it feel better for a couple of hours i mean my dizzy gone. But i go back again. If i pop my ear it also feek better. Is it a symptoms of eustachian tube dysfunction?
Please someone...I am going insane.  If anyone has had  the ‘dreaming’ feeling, if you’ve found a way to get rid of it, a frustrated girl would love to know how!!  :/  

THANKS!
I have had many of the symptoms you all complain of. I started breathing in menthol and eucalyptus from a steamer, that really helped. What I'm doing now that has REALLY helped me is using a sinus wash bottle. You squeeze the bottle and it pumps water up one nostril and out the other. The technique I'm using now is to block the free nostril and VERY GENTLY pump the bottle. I can feel the saline solution going right into my ears, it feels very weird and gave me one huge headache the first time I did it, now i can hear all sorts of squelching noises when I swallow but I feel a load better than before. I think I must have had some long term infection there which is now being shifted. Hope this helps.
58 year old male, experienced all these blocked ear problems for twenty years. A heavy smoker for 30 years finally stopped about five years ago since when condition worsened. My sleep is badly affected more so by a muscular problem whereby have lost the ability to relax and thereby change or move the position of my body during sleep resulting in sleep disruption and numbness. Found two types of breathing exercise help, The yoga pranayam blocked ear exercises and Tai Chi Qiqong breathing during performing the form. Both are easy and a quick google will show you how. Relief is only temporary but it allows you to achieve this relief when you need it by performing these breathing excercises. They do become exremely boring although the Tai chi also helps with general health and can be easily done in your front room with no damage to your home. Have given up on any cure but good luck to all.
Am same age (52) and getting same symptoms..Also put down to menopause. Have you had any improvement with Chiropractor.  Am just about to start regular sessions ie. one full treatment a week and two to release the C1. Love to hear how you are going.
The feeling like you are on a boat all the time is called Mal de Debarquement syndrome.  Here is a support website for it:  www.mddsfoundation.org.  I had it last year for about 2 months, then it cleared. It is most often precipitated by travel, but not always.  I was going on another trip and terrified it would get worse.  I asked my doctor for Ativan, an anti-anxiety med, because some research seemed to indicate that might help.  After that trip, the feeling cleared up.  There is a researcher at UCLA who is doing a study on MDDS.  It's real, and it's different from other kinds of dizziness.  It most often hits women in their 40s, which tells me its probably related to hormones.  I am now getting occasional vertigo, I think related to the onset of menopause.  I'll be 50 this year.
I dont know if you will receive, but I know exactly How you felt or feel... I have had the condition enumerable tests, Vestibular therapy (which helped to taper the extreme dizziness) and meds, still no success... It has been a few years since you wrote this have you found success in anything. I really hope you get this, I would like to know your development since then.... Also I know your anger and frustration and sadness ~ I to feel like I need anxiety meds, maybe it can take me out of this funky reality

Thanks for any help you can give
Im only 28 and yet Ive been having all these symtems in which at first I thought they were sinus problems. My ears feel full, Im tired all the time, nauseated, headaches, and my left side of my nose and cheek feel full as well. Ive had it for over a year. Ive been prescribed several anibiotics, and my dr even thought it could be depression so I took anti depressants. Nothing has helped. Ive looked up several things such as Mono, Manieres Disease and MSD. Mono there is fever and neck pain so I dont see it being that. MSD doesnt say anything about full ears. And Manieres descibes hearing loss in the ears and I have a fullness feeling in my ears pluss its really worst in my left. Ive been so stressed out over the past year cause my body feels tired a majority of the time and the doctors cant seem to figure out what it is. Im not a week person but this had me down to my worst. I wish I had an answer to my problem. Im not depressed either cause I know what thats like and I really like my life and where its at right now, I just down like how run down I feel. It affects me at home, school and work.
I wonder if any of you have thought of a connection to food? Gluten can cause some of these symptoms. Celiac disease is an extreme form, but you can be allergic to gluten without being celiac. Also food colorings, MSG, soy, dairy- all things that cause body symptoms. maybe the  drmercola website would have some good info-
Please get your thyroid checked. Ask for a full thyroid panel. Not just a TSH. That might be what's going on. Sounds so familiar to what I went through. Once I found out it was my thyroid and treated it the symptoms you're experiencing dissapated. Be advised tho, that you might need to shop around for a doc who will listen to how you feel. Good luck.
Chiropractic has helped me immensely.
my brother had mineares disease for years he would get so that he would throw up. nothing helped. he did everything the specialist told him to do, with little to know help...   then he had to have a tooth pulled...4 years now and not one instance or flare up sense... no proof,,Drs. don't believe that the tooth had anything to do with his sudden recovery.  but we know better. not one ear problem or dizziness problem since
I am in the same boat as you, it is driving me crazy and I really cannot have any more time off work or I will lose my job.
Since June 2007 I have felt the popping, full , clogged sensations only in my right ear. Have had all the balance tests/mri scans/blood tests done and although i am pleased that it has ruled out anything sinister, it doesn't solve the problem.
Now the docs say that it is eustachian tube dysfunction (ETD) and that there is thick catarrh trapped behind my eardrum, the only solution to dissolve this is drops or sprays- both of which seem to take ages to work.

Anyways, someone suggested acupuncture (the downside to this is the expense) and after 6 weeks of twice weekly sessions I began to see an improvement -as well as the therapy I had to cut dairy and bananas out of my diet - so can only suggest this for you as an alternative to western medicine. I was really feeling soooo much better after the treatment then unfortunately got a cold which then clogged me up again but am hopeful that the acupuncture will work again.
I feel your pain, nobody understands , honestly they talk to me like I'm some medical miracle! I mean there has to be a Cure out there cos 4 and a half years is a bloody long time to feel so crap.
I am 37. I've always had sinus problems but for the past couple of months I feel pressure in my ears all the time. I feel so off balance, especially when driving. I'm afraid I will get in a car accident and it causes me so much anxiety I don't even want to leave the house. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing relieves the pressure. I hope I can find some relief. I don't want to live like this.
How do you feel years later with the new tubes?
Did the ear popper work for you?
This is interesting that it could be related to TMJ because I know I grind my teeth and I've had some of the symptoms. I've mostly had the sudden vertigo while in the car, in a shopping mall or in a large building like at church. A very sudden spinning that then goes away after a few minutes. I never get nauseous with it. This doesn't happen often and it's been off and on for a few years. I sometimes get a migraine between my left eye and bridge of my nose but haven't noticed it occurring at the same time as the dizziness. I had a strong dizzy spell while sitting at a stoplight about a week ago (with my daughters in the car. It was very scary!). Since then I've had some dizziness off and on every day especially when sitting at stoplights. And I notice ringing in my ears when all is quiet around me. In recent years I also have experienced sensitivity to headlights when driving at night and I can't handle driving at speeds faster than 70 on the freeway.
I've always had a problem with plane travel in regards to intense ear blocking and sometimes pain. The first time was when I was 19 and I felt like someone was driving a knife in my ears as we descended into Phoenix. A couple of years ago I found that the ear plugs they sell for that (the cork screw types) helped immensely. I also used to be able to like to fly in spite of that, but the few times I've flown in the past ten years, I've had tenseness. I think it's the motion because it's mostly on the ascent or descent when you can feel the plane moving.
We are uninsured so I have yet to go to a doctor for any of this. I'm 54 years old. I hope this is not something I'm going to have to just live with as almost everyone is describing here.
I have often wondered if it was allergies. Right now the pollen is high in our area. We also have a mold problem in our house. I took Claritin for several days last week after the episode but it didn't seem to help.
I will try to get to a doctor soon to eliminate if it is other problems.
I do know how to handle stress and anxiety because I dealt with that a couple of years ago when I was first having the migraines about the time I lost one of my sisters to cancer. I had heart palpitations so bad I had to go to emergency one night. They found nothing wrong with me after EKG and xrays and all. I came to grips with anxiety and have not been seriously bothered by that since and the heart palpitations have not reoccurred. I wanted to encourage those with anxiety to seek a spiritual solution. That might not relieve your other problems but it will help you to live without the anxiety. As a Christian, I battled that spiritually and it has not come back in my life since. (Not to say I wasn't scare when the dizziness happened recently. Just did not panic.) But whatever your personal beliefs, at least try many of the good suggestions here to relieve anxiety such as massage, relaxation exercises, etc.

I have just read thru all of the comments.  Please don't give up..anybody! There are new procedures for ETD.  I had it for 5 yrs. I could not pop my ears.  The pain and pressure was unbearable. I finally found a dr in San diego, Dr Brian Weeks doing a new procedure called eustachian tube dilation. If you google his name and ETD under videos, u can actually see the surgery.  It was filmed for THE DRS tv show. This may not be everyone's answer, but it was mine. I was so lucky to find an answer, to be on the show, and to GET MY LIFE BACK! I'm on a mission to let others suffering know, that there are answers. Drs are working on it, you just need to find those drs.  No one knows until they have this, how devastating it can be.
Hello, i'm a 21 year old male and i've had this for 5 years on and off. I went to private ENT's in London and they couldn't explain it and just said it would wear off which was no help as it occurs once a year near summer time when I get colds and this apparently causes my eustachian tube to swell. It is just one ear and I can feel it happening and the ringing and pressure when I get it. Basically has led to to cut dairy out and lower my caffeine as this seems to agrivate it also. The clarityn seems to help and anti allergy stuff as it opens my passages and also I was prescribed betahistine hydrochloride which is supposed to balance pressure in my ear and when I take it 3 times a day it works a treat and stops all symptoms so I stop taking it until the episodes come back the next year.
blow one nostril at a time while plugging the other, sniff don't blow(better for you, even if it's gross), yawn, chew gum, try decongestants, wash sinus w salt water, plug nostrils and keeping mouth shut blow til your ears pop....ask for a referral to an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist! Drink lots of water, don't smoke. I have had some success sometimes with these tips.
I have been suffering from the same issue for 3.5 years now, and I know exactly what you are feeling. My life has been hell since this first began. I have been diagnosed with Chiari 1 Malformation (brain stem issue) that was found during an MRI. I'm not convinced that this is causing my dizziness, nausea, etc. so I am looking into the possibility that I may need ear tubes put in, maybe? I hope you are feeling better soon.
Shawn
i also experiencing what u experience right now.i have several test also but there's nothing wrong...now i didnt know where my dizziness came from,,i experience diziness for 1 year and 5 months.
I had those issues for many years I was diagnosed with eustation tube disfunction which causes vertigo and fullness in the ears and Allegra D helped me feel better. Vertigo and Eustation tube disfunction mimic maniers disease.
Hi! I've had the same symptoms for 4 weeks now. My ENT says its most likely eaustation tube dysfunction. I've taken steroid dose packs (2) packs and augmentin for weeks now. They've done a hearing test and my ear drum is retracted and my ear is plugged and I'm so dizzy for a month. I feel your pain. They are going to do a ct scan and see if they see anything diff. He mentioned putting a tube in my ear to open it up. Thought this might help you if your dr hasn't mentioned it yet. I'm so frustrated too. It's debilitating. I have 3 kids and just feel awful everyday. I pray this works!!! Good luck to u too... I hood you find relief. Make sure they do a scan of your sinuses too and a hearing test. I had something like this back in my 20's and saw a dizzy disorder specialist and I had labyrinthitis. Look into that too.
manda1378, I have the same thing and I now believe its tied in with my sinus problems. I have just been told by the doctor that I have vertigo. I also have asthma and acid reflux. Tomorrow I go back to the doctor where he will test me for menieres. 2 weeks ago they did the crystals therapy on me and I still have the dizziness and nausea day after day. I also have bad allergies. I did the test where you hold your nose and blow air up into your ears to unblock the Eustachian tubes. I did this 4 times and 4 times only my left ear popped which means that side tube works. My right ear where I feel I have the problem never popped which tells me that side tube is clogged and I will tell the doctor. I found an all natural product at our local CVS drugstore called Di-vertigo which is an oil you rub behind your ear lobes 2 times a day. Its a small bottle that lasts about 2 weeks and costs 19.99 but its well worth it because it has really settled down my dizziness and nausea. I think it will settle down headache also but I don't get the headache symptom. The Di- vertigo has really helped me be able to work everyday where without it I was struggling. Give it a try and if you are unable to find it in a local store type it into your computer and a site should come up . It has been great for me and should get me over the hump until the doctor can fix me. Hope this info helps you.
I know exactly how you feel! You have all my symptoms, and I have a fear that im dying everyday. It's miseable!
Hello, Thanks for your post. I'm feeling the same symptoms as you did when you posted this.  Can you give me an update on how you're feeling and what you did to treat the problem. I feel wobbly, ears popping and just "weird."  No cold or allergy symptoms though.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Hi there,

For the past 5 months I have had many symptoms like those you all have described: dizziness (but no vertigo), ear fullness in both ears, pressure in the ears like I'm on an airplane, difficulty swallowing (from the feeling of a mucus lump in the throat) and some sore throat. My primary care doctor made the connection between my Eustation Tube Dysfunction diagnosed by the ENT and a one time occurrence of a 5 day long heart burn flair up.

I have never experienced acid reflux before, however I read about "silent reflux" which happens to people without the classic heart burn symptoms. Sore throat and difficulty swallowing are classic symptoms of acid reflux affecting the upper esophagus, and acid reflux is tied to problems with the ears, throat and head (it is linked to eustation tube disfunction and problems with draining fluid from the middle ear).

I am now taking prilosec OTC (generic) and flonase and I feel A LOT better - not back to normal unfortunately. Just wanted to share this connection with you in case it may be something for you to look into. (Just an FYI, I don't plan on taking the Prilosec OTC for the rest of my life - as a young woman it is concerning that Prilosec prevents bone regrowth and magnesium and calcuim absorbtion - but I hope that it will help my esophagus and stomach heal so that I can go off of it in several months.)

I wish you all the best of health to come.
I had the same and with a MRI of my IAC's(internal auditory canal) found that I had a vascular loop in the internal auditory canal that can cause dizziness and tinnitus. Going to see a specialist that deal with these problems.  Have an MRI of Iac's and see if there is a tumor or vascular loop problem.
how long did you have it? an what was your systoms
wow well said I need to stay in contact with you if I may??
I would strongly suggest you see a chiropractor.  I am not saying all Eustachian tube problems are related but mine sure was. I suffered with allergies and a blocked right ear with vertigo for a year.  The doctors (2 of them) said I had eustachian tube blockage and put me on nasal steroids for a year with minimal results.  They were getting ready to send me to an ENT and I just felt it was structural.  I went to a chiropractor and x-rays showed my 2nd and 3rd vertebrae were misaligned and squeezing on nerves affecting my sinuses and ears.  With neck and spinal manipulation, within 3 days my hearing returned, dizziness left, and my sinuses cleared.  I still have a ways to go but I have found my problem.  If you have tried everything, I strongly suggest seeing a chiropractor.
Yes Chiro does help
Yes...I have EXACTLY the same symptons as you for the past 10 years and no one can figure it out either...So good to know I am not alone...Please tell me what they think you have
I have been suffering with most of the above symptoms for ten years and have been to more doctors and had more tests than I care to remember  - all normal. Along with ear fullness, pressure, imbalance etc., I also sweat terribly when I become imbalanced. Does this happen to anyone else?
your symptoms sound almost identical to mine. I have yet to find another person who has dizziness (mine is constant though) dont know about yours and also trouble swallowing. Feeling as if there is a lump of something in my throat for years now I have felt this before my dizziness came on randomly one day and the ear issues followed a few days later. Constant popping everytime I swallow or yawn in both ears but seems left pops easier. Right is muffled from eustachian tube dysfunction I gather. I just wish I had an answer for these 2 awful symptoms..I have a lot of other symptoms but the dizziness (drunk feeling) blurry vision, and swallowing issues I want gone. I am going to get on some acid reflux meds and try it. Have you had any more success with your symptoms? Please message me back and maybe we can connect and chat.
To all on this page who are suffering from dizziness, ear fullness, brain fog, and hearing noises in your body, there is a rare condition called Superior Canal Dehiscence.  It is difficult to find, but once they do, and perform the surgery, it is relief!  My daughter had all these symptoms, and they told her she was fine, tests were normal, that she had migraines.  UCLA is the plade to diagnose for it.  Dr. Isaac Yang has several webinars on youtube you can watch.  Please take the time to research, especially if certain sounds set you off.  It was only discovered in 1998, so many doctors are not familiar with it. We are in a scds support group on Facebook with other sufferers which has helped tremendously.  Good Luck!:)
I have been experiencing sinus issues and a stuffed ear. Mi went to the ent yesterday and was told I had a viral infection in my eustachian tube and prescribed me an oral steroid and a steroidal nasal spray.  He also gave me exercises to do. Today is day one of steroids, I hope they start to work.  Tired of feling like I'm falling over.  Very scarey and nauseating.

Did you find a cure for your dreamy feeling, I have the same feeling, especially bad in the mornings !!
One Ear feels blocked in the mornings too but ease's trough the day

Hope to Hear you are well now
  !!!!! Question????? Has anyone felt these symptoms after taking and or stopping an antidepressant????? My symptoms didn't start till I was a month into trying one. I started feeling dizzy (like on a boat/trampoline) and had a few instances of passing out. My Dr. didn't believe those things were connected to the antidepressant but took me off as I requested. I've found this old and long running thread out of desperation just like yours with all the same symptoms. I've seen two EMTs and a Physical Therapist. All say everything is fine. Had my Tonsils out. I'm on Claritn D. Will take on occasion a very small dose of Diazapam. will hang upside down on my bed and sit up quickly to help unclog the ears(yes, unpleasant). Doing all of this only helps a little. I'm taking some of your advice. Looking into the Histamine Intolerance, Menieres disease, Vertical heterophoria Syndrome and things we shouldn't be ingesting such as 220 Sulphur Dioxide. The only treatment that has been suggested by an EMT is surgery Vestibular Neurectomy (cutting the balance nerve in the ear) The procedure has high risk and he wasn't sure witch side needed to be done or that it would help. huge risk being if you cut the wrong side you are forever dizzy. If I have had any luck feeling better after researching the suggestions here I will post again sharing what helped. Thanks for reading.
I have been experiencing this for three weeks now, the being on a boat-like feeling.  It all started with a little ear pain, dizziness, full feeling in ears & a monster panic attack, probably because the dizziness worried me so much. No nausea or headaches.  The only things that make it go away are lying down or Ativan.  I do have terrible allergies & I thought maybe my eustachian tube is clogged. ENT said no infection it was probably anxiety but I do have tinnitus because I have hissing in both ears.

I sleep well, wake up feeling normal & then a few hours later the dizziness starts. I'm not dizzy when I'm driving, but it starts when I go into a store. I just don't get it.

Good to see others that are having these same symptoms.
I have the same symptoms. Slight unsteadiness all the time. I too was put on zoloft for other symptoms and now this dizziness. Stopped the zoloft months ago after only about 6 weeks.
Was prescribed prednisone for asthma issues and the dizziness went away. This led me back to tell my doctor that it's not anxiety because it went away.
Another weird symptom is every time my cellphone rings or beeps I get a vibration in my right ear.
Today I tried a Sudafed 12 hour and a couple hours after taking it I tested my cell phone and low and behold my ear was fine. My dizziness was slightly better. Now I'm waiting for an ENT appointment.
Thyroid?