Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Excess saliva and spitting on someone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Excess saliva and spitting on someone

Does any one know why I spit on people when I talk to them?  It's upsetting to me as I see everyone wiping off their face when I talk to them.    I have had this problem for the last 10 years.  please help.  I do have  and b vitamin deficiencies.   I also have hypothyroidism (hashimotos). I take synthroid 100mg and hazaar and b12 2000 mg sublingual, b9, and biotin for the last year.  I went to a dentist and a salivary gland specialist and they don't think it's a big deal!  Because they say dry mouth is worse, but i have the opposite of that.  The ent prescribed rubinol to dry up the saliva which I haven't taken yet.  I have even thought about making my front 6 teeth longer to keep from spitting on people when I talk!  It's really bad when I am happy to see someone or excited so go figure I can't even enjoy myself and talk to someone without me spraying them!  PLEASE HELP!  
Have you tried to swallow your saliva before you speak to see if that may help?  Or wipe the excess saliva into a tissue or handkerchief.

I know that we all spit accidentally when we talk and this is very embarrassing on both sides.

You could try and practice in front of a mirror on your speaking technique.  Try an place your tongue behind your bottom row teeth and speak gently with using your lips, and getting more volume in the voice by projecting the voice.

Good luck.