Excessive clear phlegm
Hiya,

I have suffered with too much phlegm now for as long as I can remember (I'm 30 now) I presume it is related to me always feeling like I have a blocked up nose. I don’t think it is anything to do with my environment as I have lived in England in a little town and the outskirts of a major city and now in Tenerife right by the sea in all year round sunshine warm weather.

My symptoms are when I wake up in the morning I have to hack up at least 1 or 2 lumps of yellow thick mucus and then throughout the day I always feel the need to cough and hack up some fairly thick clear mucus.

I have tried drinking loads of water to help thin it out, but if anything it makes it worse because every time I take a drink I feel the need to hack a small amount of phlegm up.

Also if I chew minty gum and when I brush my teeth the strong mintyness seems to loosen more phlegm and I often hack 2 or 3 times.

I have ordered some Kali Bich which is a homeopathy pills that may help (they are supposed to help if you have too much thick yellow phlegm) and I have recently started giving myself a nasal wash – basically shooting salt water up your nose. This does clean me out but does nothing about the symptoms for the rest of the day.

I am willing to try anything to help.

Many thanks,
Steve
The yellow phlegm in the morning indicates that you most likely have a chronic sinus infection, which can go on forever.  You are on the right track, with the saline, but squirting it up your nose is semi-useless due to gravity.  I invented a technique to defeat gravity, which makes it possible to wash the infection out of your upper sinuses, which will cure the problem.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

It's risky, because you have to bend over in a shower, but you can also do it outside in swimwear, and anyway you are young.  Keep doing it for at least 3 days after the symptoms go away to keep it from growing back.
Thanks for that, I will give it a go tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on