Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Excessive snot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Excessive snot

My son has had a lenghtly -on going list of back when he was a baby excessive drooling(not just when teething), nasal congestion, excessive boogers to where he dosen't want to clean his nose because it's sore to rub.  We had his tonsils and adenoids (adenoids) removed back in June of 2005(the local allergists figured that yes they were enlarged (not the largest he has seen but large enough to remove).  We thought that that maybe would help his swallowing but I never ever really saw a major improvement but some.  He has tried different nasal sprays but they showed no significant improvement.  He has been a bedwetter still to date (he'll be 8 in June), this has been getting better.( I have had an ultrasound of his bladder and kidneys done that was normal, he saw a ped. urologist and he said that everything looked ok and that the pitutary glad in boys sometimes dosen't completely develop until 10 yrs. old so he didn't feel that we needed to worry about anything else at this time.  He has been to a respitory dr. and has had a sleep apnea test done and that was normal. He has been back to the local allergist and has been receiving allergy shots 1/week since this summer and I honestly havn't seen anything pleasing there yet but I know that this can take some time.  He has been seeing our Chiropractor and that does seem to help some but 2x's/week ?????? He has had an ongoing issue also with his adenoids (adenoids)(glands) in his neck being enlarged for as long as I can remember also! ????  The allergest said something last time in the area of that he could understand why the nasal sprays didn't work because that the fibers in his nose were so enlarged that the spray probably would just run right back out and get to where it needed to be to help and that we could have SX again done for this but I opted out for the time being - thinking that maybe the allergy shot would help somewhat desensitize to allow us then to try the nasal sprays again but I just don't see this happening! ??? HELP :-(