Exposure to Pneumonia, Throat Infection, Symptoms worse, what do I do?
Our son got pneumonia last Sunday and I went to the doctor with a sore throat last Wednesday and she said I was negative for strep but that my throat looks horrible so she gave me Augmentin. I've been on it for 5 days and my Throat feels a bit better, but other symptoms have been getting worse and continue to get worse. I have had runny/stuffy nose, watery eyes, dry coughing fits, dizziness, cough producing green mucus stuff, itchy throat, nausea, loss of appetite, body aches, head aches, and sharp chest pain when I cough. At night I've been getting really hot and wake up frequently because of dry throat, nausea and coughing fits. My head feels like it has a lot of pressure in it and my ears will "stop up" sometimes. I don't know if I should go back to the doctor or if this isn't something to worry about. I feel really terrible and I don't want to wait and see if I need to be taking something else for this instead of Augmentin.