Ear, Nose & Throat Community
"Extensive Chronic Sinus Disease"

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

"Extensive Chronic Sinus Disease"

I have had constant headaches since January with occasional dizziness and visual symptoms like I am "drunk", but no loss of balance.  I was thinking that my headaches/dizziness problems are "sinus/inner ear related", and went to an ENT PA.  The PA ordered a sinus CT scan.  The PA called with the results and stated that I have "Extensive Chronic Sinus Disease".   ALL of my sinuses are infected (maxillary, sephnoid, frontal, and ethmoid).  I will need surgery.

They are "expediting" the surgery, but I do not have an appt to see a ENT until Aug 7 and then have surgery some time after that.  The PA did not presribe any medications ~ just Tylenol for the headaches since ibuprophen now upsets my stomach.

My headaches are getting worse.  I have "stinging" pain in the forehead, top of my head, bridge of my nose, and back of my head.  When the pain is worse, I get the "visual drunkeness".  

I am concerned that I have had these symptoms at least 7 months and they are increasing.  I don't know whether I should try to get a copy of my CT scan and try to find another ENT that can see me before Aug 7.    

I am anxious about waiting too long to get this taken care of.  Should I try to find someone else who could see me before then?  Is there other medication that can help with the headaches and visual symptoms?  I can deal with the headaches, but the visual stuff is getting me worried.
Hi, I read your post and also have that drunken feeling.  I was wondering how you are doing now and if you could please keep me posted of your progress as I am still trying to get my issue diagnosed with very little luck so far.

Thank you and GOOD LUCK to you:)

Kris
Those suffering from Sinusitis or Post nasal drip may share their views whether it affects sex performance as well?
Yes, anytime there is something going on with your body like inflammation or infection it can affect libido.