Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Extremely Painful Sore Throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Extremely Painful Sore Throat

I have had an extremely sore throat since Friday, June 12 and it is still persisting now.  I have seen a doctor who cultured my throat for strep, and it is not strep.  Doctor says I have puss sacs at the back of my throat but he doesn't know what it is.  Doctor told me to gargle w/salt water.  It's horrible to swallow and on top of all that, I have bronchitis and the beginning of pnuemonia (pneumonia) in my right lung.  Can someone tell me what these puss sacs are and how I can stop this unbearable aching in my throat?
First, you need a second opinion. For a physician not to give you some type of antibiotic for possible infections is just wrong, and you should be hospitalized for the bronchitis and beginning of pnuemonia (pneumonia), because these are life threatening respiratory infections that you actually have to feel worse, before you can begin to feel better. The puss sacs might be from infection. Get treatment right away.