Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Face pain started with right ear?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Face pain started with right ear?

I started with a blocked ear and had a dull ache around it with pressure in my face on the right side. now I have pain around my jaw ,my cheek,my ear  and when I bend forward its worse. It`s a constant ache and my jaw is very stiff, no painkillers seem to rid it.
I went to the Drs and originally they gave me antibiotics, no joy then ear drops no joy now they say I have a facial nerve problem in which a virus has been the problem I have been perscribed Tegretol and have been taking this before I go to bed but the next day It feels very numb and more pressure in cheek so taking painkillers to take the edge of it. Does anyone have any more clues to what can be causing this as am not sure that I like being on such strong medication!. I haven`t tried steriods would these help, I have a slightly swollen cheek too since I `ve been taking the tegretol.
many thanks
Have you had any hearing evaluations? If so are the results normal?

My husband started complaining of severe face pain, mostly the right side.  He thinks it may be sinusits.  No pain medication seems to help.  The right side of his face is now very swollen.  I told him he may have an tooth abcess (abscess), but he does not have a throbbing tooth ache, in general his whole jaw, right ear and face hurt and he feels alot of pressure when he puts his head down.  I need to make an appointment for him.  I do not know if I should make it with a dentist or ear,nose, and throat specialist.

supergokart