Feel like something stuck in my throat
Two month ago, I had a very bad cold and severe cough. My doctor told me to take over the counter cold medicines. I did so for almost a month, but I still didn't recover from coughing. I coughed so hard that even my ribs hurt when I cough at the end. On day 40 or so I started feeling like something stuck in my throat and it just wont' go away since then. I stopped taking medicines immediately (since it's not working) and went to see my doctor again. She sent me to do a thyroid ultrasound test. The result came as I have an irregular thyroid, but she said I don't have to worry about that and refer me to see an ENT. my ENT specialist thinks that's the acid reflux and recommended me to take an over the counter medicine for acid reflux (i forgot the name, but it's not Nexium). I took 2 tablets a day for 3 weeks, nothing happened, still feel like something in my throat and feel more tired and still feel like i'm sick. I went to see my ENT after 3 weeks, he puzzled and asked me to stop taking the reflux medicine. By the way, I've been still coughing all those times, not as bad as at the beginning, but cough is still there and still have sore throat. So he gave me antibiotics (Amoxillin for 10 days), (he said I probably haven't been recovered from that cold yet), oh, i had all the side effects of the antibiotics, vomiting, diarrhea, fever...today is day 6 of antibiotics, i'm feeling better and getting more energetic now and not too tired as before, but I still feel like something in my throat (it's so annoying), sore throat  and little bit of cough. By the way my doctor today left me a voice mail about the result of my 3 blood tests and he said they're all normal other than one of them higher inflammation (don't know what does that mean) ... TSH is normal and my chest X-ray is negative. I really dont' know what's wrong with me, it's been 2 months now, I'm sicken tired of feeling like something stuck in my throat. Does anyone have any suggestions or idea? Please HELP!
I get that too. Does it feel like a ball of phlegm in the back of your throat? Sorry to be graphic but that's how it feels to me. Mine gets better with a lot of liquids and an expectorant.
Could you be having an allergic reaction to something?  My Dr. put me on a cholesteral lowering drug and it turned out that I was allergic to it......I felt like someone was choking me all the time.
  Does it feel like a popcorn kernal in the back of your throat at your tonsils?  Or is it actually in your throat?
  I had that same feeling and I started getting those white things in my tonsils, they call them "tonsiloths" or something like that, and it is horrible. They come and go every few months, and I find that a waterpik helps a lot! I always know that one is coming or already there when I get that feeling like something is stuck in my throat.
A waterpik helps that? I was considering getting one since my dentist recommended it. Great idea!! Thanks!
Hi, I got mine at Wal-mart. It was the cheaper $30 one. The only thing I don't like is that,  even on the lowest setting, it shoots the water out pretty hard, so I just push the button half way down. You can even put mouthwash in it. Hope that helps!
I have a feeling like I have something stuck in my throat and it won't just go away. and I am afraid that could be something serious. please help me
I have tonsiloths occasionally and I would really like to get rid of them (who doesn't?). What is a Waterpik, where can you get one, and how do you use it?
I don't have a cold but everytime I get frustrated, too hot or angry, I feel like it is something in my throat.  I will then have a coughing spell where I am coughing up a thin mucus.  I know lately I have had bad indigestion.  I don't know what is wrong.  If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be helpful.