Feeling of Food Stuck in Throat
For the last 3 weeks i've had a feeling of food being stuck at the back of my throat on the right hand side. I have no problem swallowing and it doesn't hurt to eat or drink (in fact if anything eating and drinking makes the sensation feel better)

As a side note, i've been suffering pins and needles in my right cheek (same side as this feeling) for about 7 weeks now, which may or may not be related.

Anyone have any clue what this might be?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The common causes for the foreign body sensation are throat infections, enlarged tonsils and GERD. Throat infections can be streptococcal or a viral infections. Strep sore throat needs to be treated with an antibiotic as strep is a bacteria. Viral sore throat is best treated with rest, warm oral fluids and  (OTC) tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen for pain. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is caused due to reflux of acid from the stomach into the esophagus. It could sometimes be due to a tumor. You will need to consult your primary care physician who will examine your throat and may ask for some tests like barium swallow or endoscopy to determine the cause for your symptoms.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
To all the people who's suffering from feeling of choking, food that stucks in the back of the throat etc. Here's the answer... I've experienced that 2 yrs. ago. I couldn't eat, there's something stuck in the back of my throat, once I put something in my mouth i feel that I'm gonna choke even if i drink water. I went to all different doctors, specialist and went three times to ER in different locations. But still couldn't find anything and they told me that all my tests are ok. The doctor in ER told me that they couldn't help me anymore. So i decided to find out myself through prayer and browsing on the internet. I looked for all the symptoms that i have and found out that it was only Acid Reflux. The next day i went to my regular doctor and told her that I have Acid Reflux because she couldn't find an answer also of my problems. I asked her if she can prescribe me an Acid reducer and she prescribed an OMEPRAZOLE for 4 wks. You should take the pill first thing in the morning with i glass of water and don't eat anything for 1 hour. I took the medicine dedicatedly for 4 wks.and I became absolutely fine. So happy for the result, i can eat, i can drink with no problem. I really thanking our Father in Heaven for that new life. I hope and I pray that this will help. God bless us all.