Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Feels Like Something Stuck in my Throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Feels Like Something Stuck in my Throat

I feel like I have something stuck in my throat.  It comes and goes.  My neck also feels stiff as well. I wounder if it could be related somehow.  When I have anxiety, I clench my teeth.  Any ideas?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to throat congestion which is causing this foreign body sensation. It could also be due to an injury or due to tonsilloliths, also known as tonsil stones, are clusters of calcified material that form in the crevices of the tonsils. It could also be due to GERD, (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease), where the acid contents of the stomach come up into the esophagus and irritate the throat. Only a consultation with your primary care physician can help diagnose. In the meantime try salt water gargles. Mix one teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of warm water and gargle.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you for your response.  I have a hx of thyroid problems.  I will go back to the endocrinologist to get a full workup.  My thyroid levels are within normal limits, but I feel hypo again. My hair is falling out, weight gain, etc.  I was taken off the synthroid 2 years ago, so I have not been on any thyroid medication for a while.  Maybe it came back?