Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Feels like liquid in my ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Feels like liquid in my ear

My left ear feels like water is running down through it sometimes. Drs have looked in it and stated they didn't see anything abnormal but this continues to happen. I can't figure out a rhyme or reason as to why this all of a sudden occurs because it is so random. I know I do not have water or any of liquid in my ear because I am odd and have never had my head under water, ever. I thought it might be anxiety or me thinking I have water but it has continued for several years now. It is enough to drive me nuts and cause me to go to the doctor's office several times. Has anyone ever heard of this? Sometimes when I bend down or move fast I will get light headed, could this be the cause? Also, if I shake my head it feels like liquid is being shook around to, I don't know maybe I am crazy but I don't think that is it. Any help would be appreciated.
im not a doctor although i sometimes have a similar sensation. sounds like something is up in your inner ear. could be fluid in your ear that is drying by the time that you doctor looks at it or may be a nerve issue. mine is not really anoying thankfully and is really rare but i know what you mean. have you been to an ENT?
I have not been to an ENT. I can sometimes ignore it but other times it feels like liquid is being poured down my ear. I think it might be wax so has anyone ever heard of putting a cap full of peroxide down your ear and then letting it dry/drain back out? I have tried ear candles and cleaners but they don't seem to work. My general doc does say my ears have a build up of wax, could that be the problem? I was trying to avoid another specialist. Thanks for your reply at least I am not going crazy.
what i had felt like fluid draining out of my ears, similar to what you get when you have been swimming/showering, ect. Go see and ENT if its bothersome. shouldnt cost much if any more then your regular Doc.
I have had the same problems, although i ended up getting a lump right under my ear lobe, well it has grown.  I went to the dr (ENT) and I have 2 tumors on my salivary gland, have yet to get the surgery, no test done yet as to whether they are benign or malignant.  I feel like water is just draining down at times, also at times I feel like my ear is infected, however its not, but these tumors are causing this to happen.  so go get this checked, I waited way to long and when i saw a lump sticking out of my neck, that made me move faster.  Good luck to you all.