Feels like something is stuck in my throat
about 4 weeks ago my throat, about 1 cm above my left collarbone was little sore in one spot, not like sore throat. That pain kind of went away but now it feels like something is stuck like a mini lump. If I burp then it goes away for a while, if i suck on something salty then it goes away for a while. Drinking water also helps. Smoking definately makes it come back but now it is becoming more constant. It makes me anxious. It is not sore anymore at all, not making me cough either but it just feels like something is stuck on left side of my esophagus???  I will greatly appreciate help. another thing, this started mainly after i started chewing my nicotine gum as i am trying to quit smoking.
Hi apatel175,

First, I want to welcome you to the PM (Pain Management) Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. We are all CP (Chronic Pain) Patients that help each other with our own expertise and experiences that we have developed through our own CP Issues.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this nagging and painful problem.  There are many things that could be causing this and I wouldn't even pretend to know what it is.  It could be something that isn't a real problem to something that could be extremely serious.  

When you are experiencing something such as this you need to go to your Doctor and have it checked out immediately!!  Please don't wait as I would hate to see it be something that needs immediate attention and you wouldn't get the help that you need.  Hopefully, it will turn out to be something that isn't serious and everything will be OK.  :)

Please let us know what your Doctor says as I tend to worry about our members here on MH (MedHelp).  

I'm sending you Best Wishes and will be looking for your update.........Sherry  :)
Go to a dr and have your thyroid checked. Here is a check list that may help with a diagnosis. http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/autoimmune-checklist.htm  Hope it helps. Best wishes.

Sissie