Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Fibros Dysplasia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Fibros Dysplasia

I have a severe case of fibros dysplasia of the skull that is engulfing my nerves and destroying everything else.  Is surgery the right treatment? Also, is it a permanent cure?
From what I've read, surgery would be a good option for you.
No one claims that it is a permanent cure, but they do claim that it is long term...which is to say that they probably don't have enough information yet as to how long it lasts.
I would assume though that it would be permanent.
Thank you so much for your help.  Not many people know about this condition and its hard to ask people for help due to them not knowing anything about it.  My condition is so severe its affecting my speech and vision and blood pressure.  My doctor is very concerned and has referred me to a neurosurgeon far from us and they are taking their time scheduling me in.  How can I speed up the process or should I even worry?