Food and Pills getting stuck in throat?
My fiance is as stuborn as a mule and will not see a doctor about a problem he's had for a long time.  Sometimes when he eats he has a problem getting food stuck in his throat.  Usually it is something like pot roast or dry meats but occasionally its something much softer like ravioli once.  Most pills he cannot take because they get stuck also. Recently he had an antibiotic pill get stuck and I thought we were going to the ER.  I don't understand the problem because it isn't like he's being careless.  He knows the things he's prone to choke on and he makes sure he cuts them up well and chews them enough.  When things do get stuck most of the time he has to vomit to get them lose.  Sometimes that doesn't work though.  What could cause this problem?  I know he has had it for at least 5 years, maybe longer.  Are there any precedures that could correct it?
He absolutely needs to see a doctor about it. It could be something as simple as needing some ring-like thingy in your esophagus expanded (my mom had this done, and it's quick and easy if I remember correctly). Or it could be something very much more serious--cancer or some other kind of disease.

Someone needs to MAKE him go to the doctor about it--by hook or crook, by blackmail or trickery or threats or anything that works.