Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Freezing and body aches.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Freezing and body aches.

What does it mean if im freezing, cant get warm at all and i have body aches, and my throat kills and hurts when i touch the OUTSIDE like my neck?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Cold intolerance can be due to hypothyroidism. If you don't have pain with swallowing, then I assume you have pain on touching your neck in the anterior (front) aspect. If with touching you are getting pain it is likely to be an inflammation of the skin, subcutaneous tissue or the trachea. This can happen with injury, repetitive activity or an infection of the skin. It can also be an enlarged lymph node or an inflammation of the thyroid gland. I would advise you to consult your doctor, for proper evaluation of your symptoms. In the meantime for pain relief you can use OTC tylenol (acetaminophen).

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.