Fullness and Crackling and popping in ears
Hi, i have been having ear fullness and crackling popping noises in my ears for around 5 years, been to see a ENT specialist,i had a pressure test done and he said my eustachian tubes are not blocked or no dysfunction in them as he put a camera up my nose and said everything looks normal, he said he it might be " palatal myoclonus" what i am suffering from but i tried some tablets and it did nothing. Could anyone have any suggestions please as i am going back to see him soon. I think myself it is fluid in the middle ear as it feels like ive got water in my ears( right ear much worse than left) and sometimes in bed at night i get a noise mainly in my right ear making a loud swishing noise as if fluid is running round in my ear, But he said theres no fluid in them as it would have come up in the pressure test. Hopefully someone has an answer, thanks Chris
I have had the same symptoms as well for about 5 months now and have gotten the same answers I do go back to my ENT tomorrow, after another round of steroids, antibiotic and allergy meds, I do feel a bit better but the ear pressure is still ther, I do use a saline wash netti pot wich does help eliviate the discomfort. The ENT said I suffer from allergies, I have yet to be allergy tested, I will repost after my Dr visit to see whats next. I just wanted to let you knoe that you are not alone with this frustrating symptoms.
You two are definately not alone!  Try allergy shots.  I believe you might have a build up of mucous in the middle ear causing fluid. The mucous is thick so it builds up in the middle ear and has a hard time going down your eustacian tubes.  I had trouble making my ENT believe me too.  Went to another specialist and he recommended allergy shots.  Is you swishing sound tinnitus?  Get tested for allergies and start allergy shots.  It took it away from me for about 12 years but started new round of shots with a different antigen and it has returned.  Working with my allergist to start back on the original allergen.  Hopefully, it will work.  This is constantly annoying!  
Hi thanks for the replys. Wouldnt it come up in the ear pressure test though if i had mucus buildup around the middle ear? Because he said all my tubes are clear the test come back perfect. The swishing sound i get mainly in my right ear and only seem to have it when i am suffering with a cold or if i have been in the steam room at the gym, it seems to settle down after a while. Can you get the allergy shots in tablets aswell? thanks Chris.
They say it should come up with the pressure testing, although when I asked an ENT about fluid in my ears, he said that there is no fluid in the ears (which is not correct-mucus).  My doctor, allergist, can see fluid in my ear.  I can also feel the excess mucus in my ears as it drains.

I don't know of allergy shots in pill form.  Most of my problems are in the left ear, although I do have some in my right.  My problem has been ongoing recently due to the allergen in the air.  

You probably should read more about tinnitus and the swishing sound in your ears.  Hope some of this helps.

Tom