Fungal ear infections
Hi, I was being treated for an ear infection by  a nurse pract and she thought the I had wax build up . She placed me on Avelox. Still   blocked and in incredible pain onto ear antibiotics drops w/steroroids. These were just sitting in my ear. I went to an ENT  he removed pus said I had a horrible infection did not know how I was up and about. He put me on a different antibiotic/steriod concetrate  drops. 4 days later I could not hear at all. I went in and he drained more pus, cultured my ear, said that I had a fungus infection. He injected a lotimin cream in my ear. Now I really cannot hear and I am still miserable. Is this the only and right method for me? What is my next step ? I have 4 childeren and I can only hear from on ear and everything is magnified...... When is this stuff going to be gone from my ear and will I have to do this treatment again? I pray to hear from you soon..

This discussion is related to Fungal Infection & Pain.
update I have had my ear drained 2 more times now .On  Lortimin fungus over the counter drops. Ent thinks this should clear this up but again 4 days into this I am starting to feel my ear full.  What is up? Ent says he has never seen a patient w/a ear infection this many times... I am having a love affair w/having my ear drained... Any input? Really I took a family vacation came down with swimmers ear and now it is turning into a big annoying issue in my life. I just would like to clear this up. Please Please tell me your input.