Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Fungal ear infections
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fungal ear infections

Hi, I was being treated for an ear infection by  a nurse pract and she thought the I had wax build up . She placed me on Avelox. Still   blocked and in incredible pain onto ear antibiotics drops w/steroroids. These were just sitting in my ear. I went to an ENT  he removed pus said I had a horrible infection did not know how I was up and about. He put me on a different antibiotic/steriod concetrate  drops. 4 days later I could not hear at all. I went in and he drained more pus, cultured my ear, said that I had a fungus infection. He injected a lotimin cream in my ear. Now I really cannot hear and I am still miserable. Is this the only and right method for me? What is my next step ? I have 4 childeren and I can only hear from on ear and everything is magnified...... When is this stuff going to be gone from my ear and will I have to do this treatment again? I pray to hear from you soon..

This discussion is related to Fungal Infection & Pain.