Gagging/stomach upset from sinus drip?
I was wondering if muscous drainage in thr throat can cause one to gag or close to it?

The first time I noticed this was with a bad cold in December--got home from beibg ut and was trytign to talk to my sister and ecventually had to stop because I kept gettig thos tight swallowinfg really close to gagging issues.

Never seemed to come up as severly againb till I caight another bad cold, just late last month. Still having cough and nasal drip--though caough is lessened. But if I open my mouth I can usually see mucous strings clinging to my tonsils.

It is been especially bad when I try to talk--especially if its somehting I am nervous or upset about. I get really close to gagging, or small gags, but yesterday was a HUGE gag, like a dry heave. Everyhing I could do not to "get sick"

Which leads me to, my tummy has been quite bloated and  upset as of late too--though I have had other issues with it. Wondering if the snot is not doing this too?

Please any answer /thoughts would be most appreciated!

Just adding, sometimes at night I will have an "involuntary swallow".  My throat will just swallow withut me having it do so.

That's funny that I just read this because the exact same thing is happening to me today!  I even just posted a question about it.  But this describes it better than I did in my question.  It's defnitely a 'gagging' feeling.  I also currently have a bad cold, so that might be part of it.  This, however, has been happening since childhood, whether or not I have a cold.  I've never been able to figure out what's going on, though.  I've never seen a doctor about it.  Let me know if you find anything out!