Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Growth inside my nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Growth inside my nose

I have a fairly large growth inside my right nose.  It noticed it  approx. 5 years ago when it was very small and since then it has growing and grown to about the size of a small pea. I have been incredibly silly (scared really) as I have not been to a doctor about it and I am afraid that it could be something serious.  My nose is not blocked, nor dry and the growth itself which is hard in texture is not painfull to touch.  It is situated just by the tip of the nose on the inside.  Could you advise as to what this may be?

Fiona
London
UK
It could possibly be a polyp, which are benign growths.  They generally only pose a problem when they block your breathing.