Ear, Nose & Throat Community
HELP! earlobe clear tendon from cyst or pimple?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

About a month ago I got a lump on the back of my earlobe. It grew bigger and bigger and after using the internet I found out it was a cyst (I think). It gradually grew smaller then after a week or two it grew bigger again.

A couple minutes ago I was looking at it and realised there was a small spot that was dark red and so popped it. A lot of blood and pus came out and so I squeezed it all out but I found that there was a small clear tendon that was inside the cyst. It didn't hurt when I touched it until I tried to pull it out.

I am not sure what it is. It's a very small clear tendon and I don't know if I should try to cut it or pull it out or leave it! help please!
Sounds like a boil...and that would be the root. They say the only way to get rid of a boil is to pull the root out.
I had one on my hip once...kept coming and going...made life miserable. I finally did what you did...and I pulled the root out...never came back, but did leave a rather nasty scar.

It's probably best to have a doctor remove it though...or at least look at it.
i agree, however it is extremely painful, if you can get your hands on some topical lidocaine,i believe its in some polysporin and let it numb a bit you may not feel it so bad.