Ear, Nose & Throat Community
HUGE!! lump in my throat!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

HUGE!! lump in my throat!!!!

Ok so iam asking on my girlfreinds behalf, about 4-5 weeks ago i have noticed a lump on her throat, on the lower half of her neck. didnt really pay much attention to it cause it was only about the size of a pea or so, thinking it may go away, but about 3 weeks ago till now the thing juss "inflated" out of no where i mean with in 3-2 weeks this thing GREW! by now it is about the size of golf ball but its not sticking out like you would think. she says she has some what trouble breathing and she is constantly clearing her throat, she has been to the doctors and they have taken blood tests and said that it was not on her thyroid, so they said thatt she needs to get a ultra sound done to know exactly whats up and thats next friday. iam freaking out stressin this issue like crazy. Iam not sure what it could be but naturally i look at from both point of views, it could be cancer or it could be something small...mabey a cyst of some sort, WHAT COULD THIS BE??
Is your friend experiencing any other symptoms?

Fatige, fever, night sweats, itching?
when she swallows it moves up and down but no other symptoms besides it being hard to breath especialy if she is in bed and she is laying on hte side that it is on and constantly clearing of the throat...
goiter or thyroid issues possibly. if having surgery request nerve monitor. my wife had it and it helps.
god bless you and your girl friend i hope eveything is okay
I've had a lump about the size of a golf ball on my lower neck too for about 4 years now. I am now 23 and considering getting rid of whatever it is because I am too having trouble breathing and I feel that it is affecting a nerve on that side that makes it harder to hear when the nerve swells up. I also get terrible headaches and my left side of my entire neck and throat feel heavy.  So I would get it checked out as soon as possible because these side effects are not fun and very aggrivating.