Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Hard lymph node under ear??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Hard lymph node under ear??

I've noticed that my lymph node under my right earlobe feels like a hard ball (kind of moves around) for 3 months. Sometimes when my neck muscles are tight it will feel more pronounced and my ear feels plugged. I've had a cough that went away with antibiotics and it seemed the node went down too temporarily. Then the doc looked into my sinus cavities and noticed they were red, so she said I had a sinus infection (without drainage or stuffiness). Sometimes the roof of my mouth itches and my ear itches on the side of the node. I'm having a hard time believing it's just my sinuses irritated. I actually came down with shingles recently too. I don't know if it was from the stress or my immune system is weak. Everytime I mention it to the doctor she says the nodes go up and down all the time and was not concerned. Then another doctor said the same thing. They know I'm a bit of hypochondriac so I feel they blow me off when I come in with an unresolved concern. I just want to hear that maybe I'm over reacting. And if I did have something serious going on with the node what other symptoms would I have. Maybe I should just pay to see an ENT out of my own pocket. I have an HMO and everything has to go through the lovely PC!!! Any advice like waiting it out or going right in....