Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Has anyone had MRSA sinus infection or Candida sinus infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I am being treated for MRSA , with IV Vancomycin.  The thing is that I have developed a wet , post nasal drip, that I think has an odor.  It's affecting my ear throbbing again.  I'm not sure if this is still the MRSA becuase I just started the Vanco 2 days ago. So if anyone is being treated for MRSA please email me here or at ***@****     Also, I read that if you are on antibiotics for long periods of time to treat sinusitis, then you can have candida sinus infection .  Mayo clinic also published something about how 96% of people with chronic sinusitis , have candida in the mucous of their sinuses which also causes severe illness.  So, I wonder if my problem is also candida , on top of the MRSA.   If anyne has or has had candida sinus infection please write in.  Thanks
I have this diagnosis as well... i am looking into vancomyacin nebulization... does it work???
I get staph sinusitis all the time (not MRSA, though) due to a spot that produces excess mucous in my posterior nasopharynx.  Usually treatment with either the combination of bactrim and metronidazole or clindamycin alone eliminates that infection.  However, after we switched to clindamycin, I've become susceptible to secondary candida infections in my sinuses.  These are quickly remedied with a short course of fluconazole.  

Another thing that helps BOTH infections is the nasal spray Sino-Fresh, as well as nasal rinses.
The Fluconazole really helps me but it usually takes 3 dosages.  My Insurance has suddenly decided I only get one a month, however it's back in 2 weeks before I can get another.  I also do the sinus rinses but I was told to boil the top because it can harbor infections?  I am being treated with clindamycin for a sinus infection and waiting to hear if I has MRSA.  Now my eyes are running and things appear to be blurred.  It is running rapid in my family.  My 5 yr. old grandson was hospitalized due to MRSA in his hip joint that found a home from having it in his thumb a few weeks before.  They had to go in because it was  to thick to drain. He is on the same thing I am but by IV for 6 weeks. I would have gave anything to take his place but that was if he could not have it!  This really scares me and how people don't know just how bad it is...They wanted to make a small incision in my ear drum today to drain the fluid but I asked if I could wait to be cut on and find out if I do have MRSA first.  Praying this medication will take care of it.  It seems the zirthimicin (sp?) and prednisone did nothing.  I've had to many antibiotics!  Hope all is well with you.