Help! Painful salivary glands
I went out on both Friday and Saturday nights (today's the following Wednesday) and drank quite a bit of alcohol (brandy on the rocks on Friday- about 8 shots and cane spirit mixed with juice on Saturday- about ten shots). i also smoked about 10-15 cigarettes on Saturday night. I began to notice on late Sunday a salty taste at the back of my tongue on the sides. furthermore, i feel like i just ate something acidic- it's affecting my salivary glands at the top of my jaws... I also have a dull and minor ache in my throat when I swallow.. no other obvious signs or symptoms. by the way, my water intake has been low.

any idea on what could be causing this and subsequent advice?? i'm having sleepless nights!

thank you in advance!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be attributed to GERD, (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease), where the acid contents of the stomach come up into the esophagus. Please consult your primary care physician for further evaluation.

In the meantime you can try life style measures. Take frequent small meals. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid non steroidal  anti inflammatory medications NSAID's, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.