Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Help.

I have a sore throat, ear pressure, and swollen lymph nodes.  One lymph node in the bottom of my neck is about 1cm large, not sensitive at all.  Went to Urgent Care and they said ear infection and they put me on Zpack, however that doesn't seem to be working.  
You need to give the medication time to work.
Not sure how long you've been on it.

If it's been a week or more, go back to your doctor.
How long have you been taking the Z-Pak?  
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Along with Azithromycin, hope you are taking anti inflammatory medications. If its viral, then it may take longer to settle down. I would advise you to continue these medications and finish the course. In addition you could take OTC multivitamins. Take plenty of warm oral fluids and lots  of rest. For further relief from your symptoms you could do warm salt water gargles and stream inhalations. Please ensure to do this prior to your meals.

However, if you develop a fever, or if there is enlargement of the tonsils with pain or if there is white coating on the tonsils, re consult your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.