Ear, Nose & Throat Community
How are sinus cysts linked to headaches?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I've been having constant headaches since the beginning of October.  The pain just came out of no where and has gotten worse as the months pass by.  I've been to 3 doctors, I've had 1 MRI, and I've been to 1 hospital.  After I got the results from my MRI it showed that I have a left maxillary cyst in my sinus.  

Findings:
"4. The visualized paranasal sinuses demonstrate partial opacification of the left maxillary sinus which appears to be a mucus retention cyst rather than an acute inflammatory process.  A small area of partial opacification of the left sphenoid sinus is seen.  Minimal mucosal thickening of the right ethmoid air cell is seen."

Impression:
"2. Suspect small mucus retention cyst in left maxillary sinus with small areas of partial opacification of the left sphenoid sinus and right ethmoid air cells which is probably due to previous inflammatory change.  No air fluid levels are identified"

There was nothing wrong with my brain or anything else wrong besides the cyst.  Now 2 of the 3 doctors told me that the headaches were stress-induced and that it was possible that the pressure from the cyst could be causing the headaches.  As for the third doctor he was about 50/50 on both possibilities.  He thought that it wasn't likely that the cyst was causing the headaches, yet it was very possible.

Now I'm getting sick.  My throat is sore and scratchy, I'm coughing up a lot of phlegm (taking mucinex since last night).  Also, it feels like my heart is being punched everytime it beats, and I am having chest pains.  I have an appointment on Monday (22nd) to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas why and how all this is happening.

I appreciate all of you for taking your time reading this.

-TheKeg