Ear, Nose & Throat Community
How cure nasality

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

How cure nasality

How to cure nasality? I do not hear it. But once i tried to work as the phone operator, the deaf nasal voice when I heard was awful. It of cause made a big problems in communication. Especially during talking over phone, in particular seeking the job. If i have about 25 years is it possible to correct by operative intrusion, trainings or by other means for example by drugs.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Speech therapist can help regulate your voice. You could consult your primary care physician who could refer you to a therapist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/1806213 But as I have read this problem is cured predominantly by operative means. But operation can be done in young age. But improbably in adult age. But the situation is in that i do not hear my nasality. Even my cousine when I was at once at their home did not know my voice through the telephone. When I record my voice the nasality is almost the same as through the phone. But i cannot to check what is the real situation in usual life and communication. So is it possible to cure the problem in such age probably by operation? I read that it could be done by extending the space between palate and back of throat. I also should note that I have cleft palate with 3 operation in childhood. And have very solid higher education so this issue is very sensitive but also disturbing for me.