I HAVE HAD VERTIGO WITH RINGING EARS FOR 4 YEARS
I'M JUST GETTING OVER A SEVERE EPISODE OF VERTIGO.  I LOSE BALANCE, MY EYES HURT AND JUMP, VERY SENSITIVE TO LIGHT AND SOUND.  CAN'T WALK AND USUALLY FEEL A LITTLE BETTER AFTER I THROW UP AND PLACE A COLD RAG ON MY HEAD. I LASO TAKE TYLENOL PM SO I CAN SLEEP BECAUSE IM STILL SPINNING EVEN WITH MY EYES CLOSED. I WAS TOLD BY A COSMETIC DENTIST THAT STUDIES ARE SHOWING THAT VERTIGO IS NOT CAUSED BY AN INNER EAR INFECTION.  WHICH IS WHAT IM BEING TREATED FOR. SHE SAID THAT THERE IS A DENTIST WHO DISCOVERED THAT MOST OF HIS PATIENTS WHO SUFFERED FROM VERTIGO, WERE PEOPLE WHO WERE BORN BY FORCEPTS.  I COULDNT BELEIVE IT BECAUSE MY MOTHER TOLD ME I WAS BORN WITH FORCEPTS AND THAT FOR A FEW WEEKS AFTER BIRTH I HAD RED RINGS AROUND MY HEAD FROM TH PULLING AND TOUGHING.  DID  ANYONE ELSE HEAR THIS?  I COULDNT BELEIVE IT.  I AM 43 AND I JUST GOT THIS 4 YEARS AGO.  COULD IT BE FROM TRAUMA TO MY HEAD AT BIRTH?
Tinniitus For sure get it checked out..... They have surgical treatment to fix it Good luck!!
I seriously doubt it's due to forceps! I've read LOTS about dizziness/vertigo, and that just isn't an issue. Head trauma at birth would not cause something to suddenly appear forty years later.

Most likely you're having migraine attacks. Attacks may OR MAY NOT involve headache. Light and sound sensitivity are VERY common during migraine attacks.

So are dizziness, numbness, problems with speaking/understanding speech, balance, nausea, diarrhea, etc.

See a neurologist to see if they think it's migraine. There are lots of meds you can try.

Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) can NOT be fixed surgically. It can't be fixed at all, only treated. (But it sometimes goes away on its own.)

By the way, perimenopause is a common time for migraine attacks to start, or to change in nature. This is because hormone changes are a very common trigger for migraines (that's why women often get migraines shortly before their period). I did not even know I was a migraineur until I had visual migraine auras at age 42, at the height of perimenopause.

Search on "migraine-associated vertigo" and you will find lots of info.

Good luck,
Nancy T.
i am a 39 year old male   i have almost exactly the same problem as you .  my problem started after getting the flu in 04  i have found no help