I am hearing my pulse in my left ear
I am a seemingly healthy 29 year old woman, and the last week I have been hearing my pulse or heartbeat in my left ear. It has almost been constant, it will let up for a few seconds, but always comes back. I have had this sensation a few times before but it always went away almost immediately. This time is different, I have been dealing with it for days and it is not going away, it disturbs me when I am trying to fall asleep and when I am waking up. Any help would be appreciated.
Go get examined by your doctor, it could be fluid buildup in the ear, serous otitis media (otitis media with effusion) which comes from a blocked eustachian tube.
Did you read my posting on the same condition - heartbeats in my left ear, by carambola?
I was referred to a ear specialist - did not find anything wrong inside the ear nor brain tumor which they suspected.
But you should have it looked at, at least get a referral to a ear specialist from your primary doctor.
Hi, it's been a while since your post... how are you doing and did you get a diagnosis?  This is a symptom that should be checked out by a doctor.  It's called pulsatile tinnitus and has many possible causes. Some causes are difficult to find and treat, but don't give up! Do an online search for "whooshers" for more information.  Also, there are tips there from other "whooshers" about how to deal with the annoying heartbeat sound.  Good luck