Ear, Nose & Throat Community
I had cholesteatoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I had cholesteatoma

Ok 11 years ago had a major surgeroy done on my ear to have this tumor removed and last year around thi time it began to mess up again,as in started to get infected again non stop well it started out in pain,then drained clear liquid,then smelled awfull in july finnaly went to ent doctorand after 3 months he finnaly gave me a ct scan,it showed that my bone between my mastoid bowl and brain,is eroded away now my brain is dropping in to my mastiod bowl according to my ent doctor,well he sent me to a neurtolgy doctor i went monday and she doctor didnt even look at my ct scan and said that this was not a serious condition with my bone bein gone and stuff,then she says im having all this pain cause of my jaw,then she looked into my left ear and said i had a poctet and it could start to turn in to a tumor like my right ear she basically brushed off everything it feels like and she dont want to see me again till dec 18th and i am very nervous about this is it serious and should i go see someone else and getr another opinion plz help me im very confused .
YES GO RIGHT AWAY.
You can check out http://www.cholesteatoma.net for personal stories about cholesteatoma.
sorry, [url]http://www.cholesteatoma.net[/url]