Ear, Nose & Throat Community
I hear crickets in my head all the time

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I hear crickets in my head all the time

What is causing the sound of crickets in my head, morning noon and night.  When it was summer I thought to myself, "I can't wait til winter and I don't hear crickets all the time" Well winter came and they are still chirping. I really wish I could enjoy true quiet again.
Sounds to me like it is Tinnitus.  I've got it too and it can be quite annoying. Mine has got to the point where it keeps me up at night.  
I have the sound of crickets in my head all the time as well. I at first thought they were real, but then I realized one afternoon when I was picking up my children from their job that it was too cold in January for this spring and summer sound in the background. When my children told me they did not here any crickets I realized I have not heard real silence in about two weeks.