I hear crickets in my head all the time
What is causing the sound of crickets in my head, morning noon and night.  When it was summer I thought to myself, "I can't wait til winter and I don't hear crickets all the time" Well winter came and they are still chirping. I really wish I could enjoy true quiet again.
Sounds to me like it is Tinnitus.  I've got it too and it can be quite annoying. Mine has got to the point where it keeps me up at night.  
I have the sound of crickets in my head all the time as well. I at first thought they were real, but then I realized one afternoon when I was picking up my children from their job that it was too cold in January for this spring and summer sound in the background. When my children told me they did not here any crickets I realized I have not heard real silence in about two weeks.
OK, so yours is the most recent response to this issue.  I've had this for several weeks and finally decided to see if anyone else had it, or if I was just really losing my mind!  I have the constant chirping also - sometimes louder than other times.  Because I experience migraines and have back injuries that require the treatment of a chiropractor, I've decided to ask him about it on my next trip, IF I can stand this noise that long!!  I'm sure that an ENT could do something, but instead of drugs, my chiropractor has managed to treat me to the point that I no longer take any Rx drugs for my back or my migraines, unless they get too bad too fast!  If you have a really good chiropractor, I suggest that maybe you check with him/her for suggestions and I will keep you informed of my findings, if you wish.  Best of health to you as we both "enjoy" this chirping!  (Got to have a sense of humor about it, or go insane!)...Maggie