Ear, Nose & Throat Community
IS THIS VESTIBULAR NEURITIS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

IS THIS VESTIBULAR NEURITIS

I WOKE UP 3 MONTHS AGO WITH ACUTE VERTIGO THAT LASTED ABOUT 2 DAYS (OFF AND ON) I WENT TO THE DR AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH VESTIBULAR NEURITIS I HAD ROARING IN MY EARS, WEIRD SENSATIONS IN MY HEAD , PROBLEMS WITH DIZZINESS WHEN CLOSING EYES, LIGHTS FLASHING WHEN SHUTTING EYES. AFTER ABOUT 3 WEEKS IT WAS MUCH BETTER AFTER 2 WEEKS IT WAS BACK WITH ALL THE STRANGE SYMPTOMS EXCEPT VERTIGO. MOST OF MY SYMPTOMS OCCUR WHEN LYING DOWN BUT IT HAS BECOME VERY DISCONCERTING. I ALSO AM VERY FATIGUED AND GENERALLY DO NOT FEEL WELL. I WENT TO AN ENT LAST WEEK AND HE DIAGNOSED WITH VESTIBULAR NEURONITIS.
AND SAID COULD LAST UP TO 2 YRS. IS THIS TYPICAL?
Lasting up to 2 year is not typical, but this CAN happen.  I hope not for you.  Inner ear disorders are absolutely HORRID.