Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Infection right nostril

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Infection right nostril

I have an infection in right nostril, on the little gland or bump just inside nostril.  I live in Malawi, so health centres are very basic and under developed.  There is pain radiating from just below bridge of nose down to lower jaw Taking Amoxil 500g every 8 hours, paracetamol for pain.  There is swelling of the nose and redness, very tender to the touch. What can you suggest.???
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Nothing serious it's most probably a pimple. You could apply warm compress and for pain relief you can use OTC  Tylenol (acetaminophen). Continue with the antibiotics. The other causes could be due to an abscess or fungal infections.  If it persists, you may need to consult your primary care physician who will examine you and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.