Injured Cartilage In Nose
Two days ago, I was accidentally elbowed in the nose.  It was not painful for more than a few minutes.  There was no blood or cracking sound.  The only change I noticed is that the cartilage along the very top and center of my nose has become inflamed.  It almost feels like a pea is caught beneath the skin right where the cartilage meets the bone.  It has receded slightly over the last two days.

So far, it appears that the only effect is cosmetic.  There is no strange crackling noise when I move my nose around, as it did when I first broke it 14 years ago.  My best guess is that only the cartilage in my nose has been affected.  If the inflamed area does not go down by the end of the week, I'll definitely have it checked out.

Has anyone had experience with injured or torn cartilage in the nose?  Does this case sound like an injury that needs professional attention, or can I treat it and expect it to improve on its own?  Can anything be done to move it back to its original shape?