Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Inner EarProblems, Dizziness ,Fluid ,Sinus been to GP,ENT, and now Neur...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Inner EarProblems, Dizziness ,Fluid ,Sinus been to GP,ENT, and now Neuro

Would like to know if anyone is having the same symptoms
Fluid in ears, feel off balance and bouts of lightheadedness,
sinus conjestion,and fatigue. I have had these problems since september. I've been to my GP, ENT, and now a neuro. I have been on Nasonex, Valium and Prednisone. These had made me worse. So the ENT said stop taking all meds.I have had 2 CT scan
2 MRI and everything has come back fine. I believe it could be allergy related but I am not sure. Or could this be viral? I would like to see if I am alone or not on this and if someone might have the answers. I am a young 30ish woman in relatively
good health.
Hi, I have just posted my own nightmare with so called sinus infection.  After three lots of antibiotics, and two lots of sinus sprays, I continue to get worse.  Started with numbness of nose and very cold nose, spread around face.  Since starting the first lot of antibiotics I have had pressure in the head, loud ringing in ears, numbness down left side of face, popping in ears. Now pressure in head getting worse with blurred vision, dizziness and upset stomach.  Family doctor doesn't seem to care too much.  Problems getting in to see her.  Have been to Out Patient department at hospital 5 times and to her 5 times since this started in October.  Ct of sinuses showed no sinus problems, but showed hypertrophy of left nasal turbinate and a choncha bullosa of left tube, not sure if is can cause the symptoms I am having.  Waiting to see ENT.  I hope to he can do something, because it is hard to function when feeling dizzy and confused.  Just wanted you to know your not alone and hope we can both get something done soon.
You are not alone,  I'm sad to say, that I am suffering so much that I get so hopeless.  If anyone wants to form a support group or anything please feel free to email ***@****
I am in a nightmare that I can't get out of.
Right now,I have been very ill since my second sinus surgery in  October and need another surgery for closed frontal sinus containing pus.  That is actually not my problem at the moment.  I have clear post nasal drip with a wet nose, but since my whole sinus drainange system has been re routed my nose doesnt run it just is wet and everything else goes down my throat, after first accumuulating in the sphenoids and  making me nauseated, then apparently drains straight to my lungs.  For past 2 weeks has made my lungs hurt, but today a big plug or something from my sphenoid somehow went staright to my lung and I was at Sam's and suddenly could not breath in or out, not wheezing, just nothing.  I started to cough/choke but it hurt and whatever it is is now further down in my lung, but got out of the main pulmonary artery and let me breath.  I am coincidentally having a cat scan of my lung tomorrow, so I hope it would show, but I am not counting on it.  I have found that even if I have a horrible sinus infection a cat scan may not show anything.  Right now, this clear drainage is somekind of infection.  I had a hard time getting anyone to culture it because it isnt yellow.  Even though they know that it can be clear and still be a bacterial infection.  My sinuses are burning, and I am worried about pneumonia.  I 'm also worried that its a fungus because I have been on numerous antibiotics in past 8 months, and lately on IV Vancomycin, which I am still on.  I'm worried because the ENT don't routinely test for fungus.
I have recurring weeks long episodes of right maxillary/cheek and right ear throbbing, which my neurologist has correctly diagnosed as nerve irritation from infection.  A month ago I had progressively painful excruciating right ear throbbing that would not stop and  I thought that I had brain infection.  No amount of pain med or morphine would work.  Then it subsided when I got IV Vancomycin.  This illness is torturing so many people.  We have to get together to support each other in whatever way we can, although we are usually so weak and sick we can at least pass along ideas and treatments that work/didnt work from our physicians.
Ihave had similair symptoms for 3 weeks now,doctor told me it was due to allergies, I have ringing in my ears, pressure, blockage,iching, cold feeling like there is fluid, where there is none, a week befor all this happend I was very ill with stomach virus, throwing up on both ends, then suddenly the ear thing started. I was dizzy, nauseous, weak legged etc...that went away but the ringing and pressure continues...not sure what is the issue here, seems like way too many people are having these symptoms. I have Ent appointment next week, I am not hopeful. I feel your issue.
I am and have been for years experiencing ear pain. It also hurts on the sides of my neck just below the ear.  But they say nothing is wrong with me.  I take tylenol pm at nite just so i can sleep.  It does hurt to lay on my ears.  The pain goes around to the back of my neck.  Some days i feel dizzy and light headed.  My ears feel like they are pounding and very full.  I feel your pain literally!
WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT PRESSURE, IS IT PRESSURE ON TOP OF YOUR HEAD? ON EARS SIDES AND SIDES OF YOUR HEAD? MY EARS FEEL PLUGGED FULL
Hello - new to this.  I've had dizzy, some vertigo, fullness, ringing, popping itchy ear.  Its been getting worse this last week.  Finally got an MRI today. Question to all:  My ears plugged up on me during the MRI and when it was done I felt VERY dizzy just laying there.  As they put my legs down and I got up - vertigo hit and I walked like a drunk.  Has that happened to anyone?  Hope its just ear problems and nothing else.  I do have a Panic/Anxiety disorder and did that hit during the MRI.
I have the popping in my right ear now.It's not a big deal but it started with total dizyness when I was driving.Then this nonstop pain in the back of my head about halfway between my left eye and the back of my skull just won't go away.It wasn't just when I was driving but that's when it really get's scarry.Anyway your not alone.I'm not one to cry about over the counter stuff but I'm a little scared and wondering.....Tylenol PM's......HMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN
Have any of you looked into the possibility of Meniere's Disease?  
My ear both are affected less hearing ability checked with ENT doctors, they told me inside of the ears have a small hole. So need treatment.So I want to know what are the treatment me to solve the problems.I have 49 years old and have controlled sugar complaint. Please answer me the details.
Thank you
I too had a stomach virus 4 days before my ears started ringing.  I developed sinus pressure and pressure on my ears with fullnes in my neck.  After researching, I feel that I had severe side effects from Zythromax (Arythromacin) that I had taken the week before the stomach problem.  After 3 additional trips to the ER I am now finally on Amoxicillin to clear up infection, prednisone for inflammation.  Hope this ringing in my head goes away soon.  Did yours ever clear?
I have the same symptoms and was diagnosed years ago with vestibular disorder, most likely caused by viral infection which cause scarring in the inner ear.  From time to time my balance goes haywire and I feel discombobulated and have sinus pain but no discharge.  I fianally found relief with a decongestant/expectorant prescription and physical therapy to retrain the brain to get over the dizziness.  Now I am having the symptoms again and will go home tonight to do the saline nasal wash and balance exercises.  Check out vestibular diorders on google if you are having vertigo and blurred vison.
You've been suffering from this longer than I have, Liz... I've had similar symptoms- dizzyness, weakness in the legs, balance problems; as well as all the sinus symptoms associated with allergies.

I've looked into both Meniere's Disease, and Vasomotor Rhinitis.... and of the two the latter is more consistent with the symptoms I've had.
there are so many different diagnostic possibilities to the different folks who have written comments on this page.  Chronic infection, allergic rhinitis, otitis media with effusion, non-allergic rhinitis.  You all need more care from specialists for a second opinion if it's bothering you for as long as many on this page have been suffering, 5 months?!@?
THANK GOODNESS
I have had all these same symptoms since December running back and forth to the doctor but to no avail. I just dont know what to do anymore and it is getting scary. It started as a sinus infection to I dont know what this is and every one giving me antibiotics.

Signed MCS
I have had the same symptomes. been on tons of antibotics seems to just be getting worse. I have had these horrible symptomes since my sinus surgery, so much for that helping. I also run a low grade fever on and off every day. anyone else have this problem???
Try getting a blood test to show what foods you may be allergic to and a cortisone shot--it's helped me out a lot.

eo
I have been having pressure above my left eye, ear feels moist, but doctor says it isn't moist.  I am also experiening dizziness.  Last week my ears hurt, but doctor said they looked fine.  I am not a hypochondriac.  In fact, I only go to the doctor once a year for blood work.  I've had an MRI, which was normal, VNG/ENG, which was also normal.  I am at my wits end with this.  Somebody help.
I have been diagnosed with Vertigo. It started a week ago, but I think its from a molar I have been having issues with for 2 years. I was cleaning between my teeth with a bristle tooth pick when all of a sudden I had a sharp pain up my jaw and in my ear. Shortly after I was spinning and losing my balance then the vomiting came. The hospital diagnosed me with vertigo and sent me home with serc. and gravel. A few days later I was feeling a bit better and thought a tea and toast would be good. But crumbs got caught in that tooth again. When I went to use a tooth pick to clear it out the whole thing flared up again.Thats when I figured it out and I am going to my dentist tomorrow and having the tooth removed. Hoping that helps.