Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Inner ear pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Inner ear pain

If u have something like this please let me know.
I have inner ear pain left ear only really. (sharp pains) the pain is unbearable but what can i do tho ? it sometime isn't too bad but has never truly gone away. I don’t and cant watch tv any more no music, anything out of speaker really hurts and pisses me off and i have tinnitus also but that is nothing compared to the pain. its been over two years like this now. There is no doubt in my mind this has been cause by noise exposure. ( i am a X dj) I have seen 3 ears specialist over the 2 years and none can help me let along tell me what i have done to my ears. When the pain first started i just kept listening to music then the ringing came i was very stupid but unaware of the what you can do to your ears. This year i have led a very quiet lifestyle no Tv no going out unless i have to. I tryed to rest them nothing helps other than muching pain killers witch is waste of time too. I hope to wake up from this night mare one day. Note I have quit my job stoping mixing music and am restudying trying get a quiet job. Even driving to tafe is so hard ear plugs and ear muffs are worn. This isn’t a life.
What kind of specialists have you seen already?  
I have seen 3 different ENT specialist. i want to go see a Neurologist? all these ear doctors are the same they test my hearing and check the ear pressure ect. and it all comes back good. tell me some thing i dont know. This last doctor was trying to tell me there is nothin wrong with my ears. Hes wrong not only do they ring !! but my left ear  aches and it only hurts more with noise!! you cant tell me there nothin rong with my ears lol there ******. i just want a answer you know like even if they can do something adleast you know then. I just dont know what i am going to do. like this is a disabling problem.
I would recommend trying an Oto-Neurologist or a Neurologist.  The problem in my opinion is definitely neuro in nature.  
I don't know much about neurology but i think your right. This may sound very weird but the pain i can feel in my ear when it is really bad i can feel the same bad in like part of my leg or my shoulder and its the same pain, its like my mind been tricked or something hard to explain but its feels linked. its is very unusual. any ways thanks for your input.