Intermittent sore throat; inflamed tonsil and swollen lymph gland..?
For the past month or two I have been experiencing an intermittent sore throat. I will have a sroe throat all day on a monday and eat cough drops like candy. Then it will go away and be back on Thursday, etc. Eversince this started, I've had a really bad taste in my mouth that lasts all day and never really goes away. I chew gum like its going out of style. Suddenly yesterday I had one of my usual sore throat episodes, and it went away. As it was fading away, my left lymph node became very swollen, and my left tonsil became swollen and red. There are no white patches or anything like that, it is just red and it really hurts to swallow. I woke up being unable to swallow without a lot of pain and difficulty, so I went to the doctor and they did a swab for strep which came out negative so they drew blood for a mono test (not sure if it was for an EBV or mono though), and I have to call tomorrow to get the results. But in reading about mono, it does not mention anything about swollen tonsils. Just sore throats and swollen glands. What might be wrong with me? Also, whats with the awful taste in my mouth? :(
I have been experiencing the same thing since April. Went to dr and said swollen tonsil did not look infected, could be viral or from allergies.  Three nights prior to tonsil enlarging my post nasal drip was out of control.  Since then Sore throat so bad for about three to four weeks was difficult to eat.  Now tonsil still swollen, though less, ringing in ears,  bad taste in mouth mostly in morning. How are you doing? Any findings?
Hmmmm I have been having the same thing.  I was doing a search on the internet and this site came up.  I just came back from the doctor, and they gave me a mono test and the strep test also came back negative.  I am not sure what this is or how I got it.  I had a mild cold followed by a another a week later, and another a week later, but when i continued to have a soar throat I went to the doctor, and my strep test came back negative.....  My sore throat seems to be a constant though, I wonder what we caught this does seem strange.  Whoever posted this if they would please respond, thank you.
Any news yet on what may have caused these symptoms??? I have similar ones. Feels like my tongue and gums are sore!!!
I have been having these symptoms as well, sore throat on and off and feeling as though it is inflamed and irritated, also got a funny metalic taste in my mouth that will not go away.  Been to the doctors and they sent me to the chemist for some paracetamol and strepsils?? Mmmm not very helpful really.  

If anyone finds out what the matter is please post it on here as would be really interested. Looks as though its becomming very common.
has anyone noticed much in the way of contagion for the soar throat and mouth issue from partner to partner.
I've been kind of trying to get a handed on how bad this may be.
As things are right now the common belief is that it is EBV virus, it can cause mono and additional thrush or fungal infections in the mouth and other areas some that are easily confused for acid reflux conditions.