Is bleeding after nasal swab normal?
When I was younger, in about 1998, I had sinus surgery to remove a large cyst. Since then I have been getting sinus infections off and on a lot. I got used to them and know how they feel and how to get rid of them. But about 3 months ago, at first i thought i was getting an infection and it changed. I felt completely different. Anyways, i ended up in the er where they did a ct scan and told me i had sever sinus disease in basically every cavity. I went to an ENT, who did that swab test to find out what he can do. Oh yeah, i have been trying antibiotics and steroids and everything to get rid of this. but nothing helped. so that is why the ENT is doing this swab. When he pulled it out, i told him i needed to blow my nose. He said there is no reason i should have to, he sucked all the mucus out. I grabbed a tissue and soaked it with blood. The doc looked at me with this horrified expression, which did not help.  I literally soaked their whole box of tissues with blood. He said," All i did was use a swab, do you take blood thinners? I never seen this before!"
So obviously i am seeking answers. He really did not tell me spacifics on what he was looking for and now he has no idea why all the blood. I do not take blood thinners. I do not have allergies or anything like that. I am worried. It was a lot of blood. and continued as it lingered off through out the day. Oh ya i am a 27 year old female. And not to make this any longer, i feel I should mention that I have a WBC of 22 (very high) and lymphocytes of 5 (very low). my family doc is sending me to a hematologist. I have so much pressure in my head that i keep loosing my hearing and balance. I feel so out of it. So if anyone knows what this might mean, I would truely appreciate a reply.
Thank you!!!!!!  (sorry so long)