Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Is my location or allergies responsible for Tinnitus/plugged ear?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I moved to Omaha (will be 4 years in July) and the first spring I was here I started to notice my left ear feeling plugged. Shortly after that I began to have tinnitus in it as well. I went to a doctor for it and was given antibiotics and was told I have an inner ear infection. That did absolutely nothing. I have not had the money or benefits to see a ENT specialist and have read that tinnitus is something that will not go away, so I've just dealt with it.

I have started to notice that during the winter the ringing isn't as bad and it doesn't feel plugged, but when spring comes around (started to feel plugged 3 days ago again) the ringing is worse and so is the plugged feeling. I've tried common allergy medicines w/ no help. I have recently read that the herb Baptisia could help this, so I am trying that next. Just wondering if this could be from allergies, an animal, or something else? Any help would be great.