Is my quinsy going to come back?
I had tonsilitus a while back which I has antibiotics for but then it developed into quinsy which I ended up in hospital with for a week before christmas. In hospital I had alot of IV fluids and antibiotics after having my throat drained and ended up throwing all food up for four days. I have been fine for weeks but woke up again feeling exactly the same as I did last time my quinsy started I have sore ears a blocked nose an swollen tonsil with white stuff on it, also neausia migranes, general aching and sore lungs. Does this mean my quinsy is comming back? I have A levels soon and don't know what to do about it as it iis very hard to get an appointment with my doctor, they get fully booked very quickly any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You may or may not develop quinsy as it depends on the severity of your infection and your immunity.

Recurrent tonsillitis is an indication for tonsillectomy, as the tonsils may harbor the infection which keeps flaring up, or they may develop new infections. Quinsy, is peritonsillar abscess, that is there is pus collection around the tonsils. This is an emergency and needs to be treated with IV antibiotics. Sometimes it warrants incision and drainage of the abscess. It is also an indication for tonsillectomy. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thankyou :) it did help i went to the doctor an am back on antibiotics. just hope it stays away after this course finishes :)
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Ensure to take the antibiotic for the required number of days and in the prescribed dosage to help clear the infection. But the best bet would be improving one’s immunity to fight infections. You can do this by consuming plenty of fruits and vegetables, eating a well balanced diet, maintaining an ideal body weight, exercising regularly and by leading a stress free life.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.