Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Is this sinus pain?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this sinus pain?

Two months ago I suddenly started feeling a pressure like feeling on both my cheekbones and behind my nose and on the side of my face infront of both my ears. Also pain in the back of my neck. I also started feeling generally unwell and lost my appetite. I have never had any sinus problems in my life, so was not sure if this is what I had, plus I did not have a runny nose or any other symptoms I always thought came with sinus problems. After a week of feeling like this, I came down with bronchitis, and I figured that the sinus pain must have been some sort of pre-cursor to the bronchitis. However, the bronchitis cleared about a month ago and I still have the other symptoms! They are driving me crazy! I was on a broad anti-biotic and then roxythromicyn for the bronchitis, which made the face pressure / pain and neck pain get better for a while, but now they are back again. As I said, I've never had any sinus problems, so I dont know if this is what I have? I dont have a runny nose or post nasal drip. Just pressure which comes and goes behind my nose,pressure which comes and goes under my eyes, always feeling like my nose is slightly blocked, and pain in the back of my neck. Is this typical of sinus problems?