It feels like there is a piece of glass caught in my throat...
I don't know what is going on but earlier I was just drinking some water when i felt this sudden pain in my throat. It felt as though I had swallowed a sliver of glass or something. I assumed I was just imagining it but now, hours later, it's still there and when I touch my throat where it hurts I can literally feel something which isn't meant to be there. My tonsils are swelling up and when I swallow  my throat feels constrained by some pressure. I know I didn't actually swallow any foreign substance, though. I've gargled warm salt water, I've drunk tea, but nothing seems to be working. I'm starting to get scared and the pain won't cease. What should I do?
Sounds like it's time for some antibiotics. Strep throat and tonsillitis can both cause that symptom.
You could also be having an allergic reaction to something.
Keep in mind that strep throat can lead to worse problems...seek out medical help...today!