Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Kissing tonsil of my 6 years old daughter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

My 6 years old daughter has a kissing tonsils. And because of that she was been snoring since she was 3 years old until now. The doctor said that we need to remove the tonsil of our daughter since it is affecting her growth because she is under weight, hyperactive and it may cause heart enlargement which is the cause of her snoring problem. My wife and I are in doubt about the surgery to remove the tonsil of my daughter since there are cases that leads to other complications and even cancer after the operation. Aside from that my daughter is still very young to undergo such surgery.

My question is, do we really need to remove the tonsil of my daughter? Please help us decide.